Twelve

This is what happens when you kill me for an update. I feel pressured to give you something so I write a short chapter. *clears throat* well then, you asked for an update, you didn't specify ;P

            “What—what—what the fuck are you doing? Are we advertising condoms or fucking laxative? You look constipated.”

            “Oliver, chill,” Kevin said, his hand resting on my shoulder comfortingly.

            “Sir, one more chance,” the “actor” begged. I sighed and nodded.     

            “Alright,” I said. Imagine the car of your dreams and look at it like you want to fuck it, not like you want to shit on it, alright?”

            “You’ve had a long day, take a walk, Oliver. Don’t mistake that for a suggestion or question.”

            God knows I needed it. It’s after three in the afternoon and we’ve only found two people out of the ten we need to film the commercial. After Ian left last night I couldn’t sleep, therefore, I spent all night planning everything for the commercial. The first thing I did when I got to work was call the Director we have on call and ran everything by him. He said it could work then we went to Kevin, got the okay, and soon we had a line of cast outside the studio.

            And out of all the actors, male and female, you’d think a handful of them knew what sex appeal was. What a headache. As I was walking pass the elevator to go to my office, it dinged and the door opened. Just to be courteous, I glanced at the person with a smile. I had to do a double take because I couldn’t’ believe it was Ian. In his hand was a very big, very noticeable bouquet of red roses in his hand.

            “Jesus Christ!” I gasped. I grabbed his hand and hauled him down to my office before anyone could register what was happening. I’m not even sure if anyone saw. Jesus, I hope no one saw. “What are you doing?” I gawked at him.

            “These are for you,” he said, completely ignoring me.

            “How do you even know where I work?”

            “I was snooping around your apartment while you were showering last night. I found your business cards,” he responded nonchalantly. That’s normal. Yeah, so fucking normal. “Are you going to take these?”

            “Um, thank you.” Suddenly I was smiling at the fact that they were in the shape of a heart. Awesome, Ian, just awesome. “What are you doing here? And what are you doing? Someone could’ve seen you.”

            “What of it? I don’t care.”

            “I care! Now’s not the time to be careless! You can’t do things like this.” I found myself slumping in my chair. Everything felt heavy. He’s going to make this so bad for himself.

            “Then how am I supposed to show you that I want you back? How am I supposed to show you that I’m really in love with you?”

            “I believe you? Okay? I never wanted you to come out when I asked last night. I don’t care if you never tell anyone.  I’d rather you not come out for your own good. You never told me why before and I just wanted to understand.”

            “Oh?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Honestly, I don’t see why not if it would make our lives easier. It would make our problems less complicated.”

            I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. “Let’s say, right now, I decided that we should move on and forget everything that happened. Would you still want to do this?” He didn’t answer and that gave me my answer. It made me happy because he’s really willing to go through any lengths so that we can be together. “I’m not going anywhere,” I told him. “You need time to figure things out. Take it before you do something stupid.”

            I stretched rather awkwardly to try to release the kinks in my neck and shoulder. I’ve really had a long day.

            “Tough day?” I nodded, closing my eyes. “Here,” he said and pulled me to stand up. I opened my eyes in time to see him reaching for my jacket. He began to take it off and I stepped back from him. The look on his face said it all. “Ollie, seriously?” The look on my face said it all again. “Do you trust me?”

            “No.”

            “You’re being ridiculous.” He peeled my jacket off anyways and I let him. Next he pushed me back into the chair and I felt it being lowered. He sat on top of my desk and turned the chair around so that my back was to him. “You used to love my massages,” he whispered in my ear.

            “Try to seduce me. It won’t work.” He chuckled. His fingers kneed into my shoulders and as I felt the tension leaving my body with every move of his fingers I had to hold on to leather cushion of the chair to hold back the moan that wanted so badly to leave me.

            “I miss you so much,” he whispered in my ear, again. “I’ve been going crazy not talking to you, seeing you, smelling you, tasting you, feeling you…touching you. Do you miss me?”

            I’ve always been a honest person. Why stop now? “More than anything.” His hands ceased for a while then he continued. I miss your hands, I thought to myself. And I miss your voice, and your eyes more than anything else.

            “I’d like to cook you dinner at your place tonight. I’d say mine but I don’t know if you want to be there.”

            “Alright,” I answered him.

            “Good, because I have something important to tell you. I’ll be there at six, so, in two hours.”