Twenty Five

Sometimes I go through what my characters are going through. I'm glad this is one of their moments that put a smile on my face and a sprinkle of happiness in my own heart. I hope it did the same for you. 

            My mother, Victor, Kevin, Oscar, Cynthia, and Don were our guests. Understandably, Don was Ian’s best man and Victor was mine. My tuxedo was gold and crème. I didn’t find that surprising. What I thought was that it was perfect. For whatever reason Ian loved those two colors together. Not to mention it fit perfectly. I hope it looks exactly like he pictured it. I hope this day turns out to be everything he has ever wanted. That’s what I want for him.

            The father was talking but for the life of me I couldn’t listen to him, not when the most beautiful man to ever walk this planet was standing in front of looking as gorgeous as ever. He was immaculate. His hair was parted at the side then gelled back. His eyebrows were as perfect as ever. They looked like he got them waxed but I know he didn’t and I wouldn’t dare let those words leave my lips. The first time I asked he sulked and he ignored me, which was all in good fun because I bothered him and kissed and cuddled him until he surrendered. He had a fresh cut beard. He wanted to get rid of it completely. After I joked that I would leave him if he shaved it off he kept it. All he did was have it trimmed down a little. 

            His tuxedo was exactly like mine down to our shoes. He was probably wearing the same boxers as I was. Stone.

            “The couple has written their own vows,” the father said. That I heard. “Oliver.”

            It only took me once to write my vows and they were easy to remember. I didn’t let go off of Ian’s hands. I needed him to ground me.

            “Being with you has taught me so much about life and most importantly about love. I learned the true meaning of sincere and real unconditional love. When you love someone you fight to show that person how you feel and what that person means to you. There’s no fighting to let the other person love you back. All that there is and need to be is patience, determination, and understanding from both. That I learned directly from watching you love me. In the end I only loved you more and I continue to love you more with every moment that passes us by. Loving you and being with you has made me a better human being. There’s no greater feeling than realizing I will rarely use the words I or me. My sentences, my thoughts, my wants, and my needs will be completed with us and we. I look forward to always being by your side, finding new ways to make you happy, growing with you, making memories, and to loving you more way beyond the day I stop breathing forever.”

            “Can I kiss him now?” Ian asked, those glossy blue eyes staring back at me. Knowing him I knew he was serious but everyone else found that funny, the father included.

            “After your vows and the ring,” the father said finally.

            “I remember being a man full of wants. I wanted a new sports car. I wanted a new house somewhere no one knows about. I wanted a yacht. I wanted to donate half of my bank accounts to charity. I wanted to ...I wanted to learn new languages and cultures so I spent many years living in different countries. I could live without those things. I can live without those things because I wanted them. Everything changed when I met you, Ollie, and I learned about need. I became a man of need. I never needed to be with anyone until I met you. I need your smile. I need your scent. I need your pretty eyes to look at me, especially the way you’re looking at right now. I need your laugh. I need your potty, blunt mouth. I need your wicked sense of humor. I need you to keep me whole, and complete and happy as I wish to do you. I need you to continue loving me. And I just need you, love”

            “I need you, too,” I whispered so only he could hear. It was just for him.

            After our vows the father asked for the rings and blessed them we put the respective rings on each other’s fingers accompanying the ones we proposed with.

            “Your vows have triggered something. I’d like to read you a scripture to help carry you along your journey together. If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. With those words, I wish you a long, happiness and an everlasting marriage. May God bless you both. As the clock strikes twelve, I now pronounce you husband and husband…now you can kiss him.”

            Ian wrapped his arms around my neck and boy did he kiss me. I imagine I looked a lot like him when we were done, lips red and swollen along with a flustered face. In the background someone popped a bottle of champagne and yelled “Happy New Year!”

            Victor popped through our family and made his way over to us. I thought congratulation was in order but instead he handed Ian’s phone to him.

            “What were you doing with his phone?”

            “My baby brother’s married!” He yelled instead. I didn’t have time to react. Next thing I know I’m thrown over his shoulder and shaking me as he fake sobbed.  I didn’t have to ask to be put down.

            “My husband,” Ian whispered in my ear from behind me. “What do you think of these?”

            The first thing he showed me was a GIF. It started off where we were saying our vows, to the rings, and then to our kiss.

            “That’s pretty wicked,” I answered. Now I know why Victor has his phone.

            “And this?” He asked again. It was the same thing just in video format with audio.

            “It’s pretty wicked,” I said again. He laughed.

            “Good.” My curiosity got the best of me when he removed the phone from in front of me so I turned around. He was typing away furiously with a big ole grin on his face.

            “What are you doing?”

            I watched him type and type until the grin vanished. He let out a deep breath before he huddled over with his hands resting on his knees. He only stayed that way for a few seconds. When his eyes met mine again he had the same look on his face that he had when he was telling me about his father.

            “I posted the GIF on Stone’s Tumblr page and posted the video on my Instagram.”

            “…And how does that feel?” I asked tentatively. I needed to know he was okay before I reacted.

            “Fucking amazing!”

            So it was understandable that I jumped on him. Even in my tight ass tux.

A/N

ONE CHAPTER LEFT THEN EPILOGUE...OR MAYBE I'LL JUST WRITE IT IN BOTH