Bonus Chapter Four

Bonus Chapter

Ian

"I'm sorry if I hurt you. It—nothing happened. I said something and she laughed and fell on me. I held her up. That's all that it was. I thought that we had trust. I thought we'd gotten pass this," I said, a palm against the door and another on the knob, my body pressed against the door as if it would make me closer to him. I wish I could melt through it just to get to him, to hold him.

"We did," he said quietly after a moment. "Until I saw you with her. Smiling the way you do when it's just you and me."

I sighed.Because it's you.

I know you can't possibly have an idea the depth of love that I feel for you. But I thought you understood that you are worth more than life to me, Ollie. I wouldn't risk losing you. Once was more than enough in this lifetime and any other we share. You're more than my husband, my best friend, my partner in everything, my whole world, and so much more. I could never nor would I ever break your heart again. I only wish to make you happy and if I just so happen to do something that hurt you, please know it's the furthest from my intentions."

"I thought you couldn't stand to be near her," he said quietly again. "Then it looked like you didn't mind. I felt like I was seeing you kiss her again and I guess I lost my mind. It's not you that I don't trust. It's her."

"Ollie, I'd dance with the devil if he asked me about you. You're my strength and my weakness. Any opportunity to talk or brag about you is a sweet moment in my life."

It was quiet except for the solid beat of my heart.

"I love you," he said, voice sounding like his soul had returned to him.

"Good. Now get out of the bloody bathroom. Stop locking yourself in there when you're angry with me or want to get away from me."

The knob turned in my palm and a felt like mysoul had been restored. A small guilty smile was on his face and I would be remised not to kiss that pain and guilt away. His arms wrapped around me and now matter how much I pulled him against me it didn't feel close enough.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I love you, so much."

Ollie sighed as his arms tightened around me.

If home were a place, it would be wrapped in his arms.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone, old and new. It's a long story. But here's a little "let's make up" present from me to you guys. Sorry for my absence. I'm working on getting back -mentally and stuff, you know. To be full-hundred and not like here today and gone next month. 

Thank you for the continued patience and love.

-ONE LOVE