Twenty four

This is a short chapter...I apologize. I'll hopefully continue it in a few days. I'm feeling way to sad to be writing such a pivotal and happy moment in this story. I hope I'll find the strength to continue soon.

P.S Happy birthday/belated. You know who you are. Thanks for loving this story so much. 

            “Ouch!” I yelled.

            Ian’s pretty blue eyes were wide when he looked up at me, shocked. “I’m so sorry.” I laughed. Ian groaned. “Ollie! You scared me! I thought I really poked you.”

            “I’m sorry,” I said. As sincere as I was about my apology I couldn’t help laughing still. Ian shook is head at me. “I hope you don’t love me any less,” I teased.

            Ian bit his bottom lip but didn’t say anything as he continued the fitting for my pants. He didn’t want me to see the original one and he didn’t want to what I looked like in it just yet so he had two suits made with the same measurements that he took. That way I could do a fitting and we wouldn’t ruin it for either of us. The second we made our decision ideas started floating around in that head of is and once he had an idea, especially when it came to designing, there was no stopping him.

            That was so unexpected. The way things happened…wow. It was so surreal I couldn’t believe it.

            “Hey, love, what’re you thinking about?”

            “You know what.”

Flashback

            “Fucking amazing!” he answered, laughing. I laughed too because swearing is kind of my thing. The only time he swore without reason was in the heat of passion. “Oliver, there’s one more thing.”

            Oh God. What now?

            My attempt to seem unaffected failed. Ian chuckled softly before using the back of his fingers to gently rub my cheek. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath, allowing him to calm me down.

            When I didn’t feel his gentle caress or his knee resting against mine, I opened my eyes. Ian was down on one knee. His eyes were glossy and that was the third time I saw tears in his eyes. The first time was when he was begging me to take him back, the second time was the first time I told him I loved him, and now. I don’t know how I managed to remember all of that in a moment where I felt like fainting.

            “There are no words in any language that would give any amount of justice to what I feel for you. Oliver, you’re the first person that ever made me scared of my own heartbeat. The way it went crazy every single time I got to see was both amazing and frustrating at the time. For so many years I had things under control and I made eye contact with you for a couple seconds and…I—I was alive. My father helped me pick this ring out for you. I was going to wait until I thought out a better proposal but the look on your face when you saw me…” he trailed off. He got too emotional. He rested his forehead just above my knee. As dumbfounded as I was and the fact that my brain wasn’t catching up with what was happening, I managed to soothe him by gently running my fingers through his hair. He pulled himself together and then took the hand I had in his hair to thread his fingers through mine. “The way you just wrapped yourself around me, and the way you smile at me all the time. You’re my happiness, Ollie, and I’ll do everything I can to make and keep you happy. It would mean the world to me if you’d do me honor to do that while calling myself your husband. Will you marry me?”

            I don’t think I have ever been caught in a stranger moment. “Um,” I said…I couldn’t stop smiling. I was on the brink of laughing. “Wait here.”

            “Okay?” Ian answered, unsure.

            “And close your eyes.”

            “Okay?” he answered once again. So I left, went into my old room where my things were since I had planned on spending the night here like I usually did, and got what I needed. Ian was still kneeling so I mimicked his position.

            “Open your eyes,” I said. He did and I finally understood why he always surprised me. The look on his face…my goodness. “I was walking by a jewelry store this morning on my way to the subway. I don’t know why I went inside. I saw this and I thought it would look good on your finger. That was the first time I ever thought about proposing to someone. That was the first time I realized how much I would for you to be my husband or I yours. I’ll only say yes to you if you say yes to me. Will you marry me?”

            He blinked, nodding his head as a tear fell like a drop of rain and stroked his cheek. He couldn’t speak and I understood why. Smiling through his tears, Ian held his small velvet box in front of me, as if to ask me again. I nodded, letting him slip his ring on my finger before taking his hand in mine and slipping his one. I knew it would look perfect on him.

            Ian stood and pulled me to stand with him. I was barely steady before strong arms were wrapped around me, holding me tight. I wrapped my arms around him too, feeling his love, his warmth.

            “Eu te amo,” I croaked out.

            Ian hugged me tighter. “I love you, too.”

            Mom’s going to freak out.

End Flashback.