Seventeen

Ollie

            I woke up to a note where Ian was supposed to be. Sighing I picked it up and read it: “Good evening, love. Since we came here unexpectedly I didn’t have time to get the house stocked so I went to the supermarket.  If you need anything call me, if not, I’ll see you in a bit.The note was simply signed: I love you. I lost count of how many times Ian has said those words to me. Even so, I can still think remember every single moment he has ever said it. He has this habit of knowing and telling me when I’m not even aware that I needed to hear it. He’s so patient and perfect that he doesn’t even acknowledge the fact that I haven’t said it back. We went through a difficult time and I don’t want to me guarded but I can’t help it. I hope I’ll be ready soon because I need him to know.

            Smiling, I turned on my side and reached for my cellphone, hitting redial since he was the last person to call me. “Hey, gorgeous,” the sexy man answered. Was my heart supposed to beat that fast at the sound of his voice?

            “Hey yourself,” I responded.

            “Have I ever told you how sexy you sound when you just wake up? What can I do you for?” 

            “You can just do me,” I said teasingly. Ian groaned.

            “Ollie,” he droned in a frustrated voice. I couldn’t help but laugh. This was too much fun.

            “Alright. I’m behaving. Those chips I like, but nacho cheese instead of the garlic thing—”

            “You also want peach yogurt, Ferrero Rocher, bubble gum, and iced tea, yeah? Personally I could indulge in some ice cream. Do you want?”

            I couldn’t help biting my lip. If you were in front of me right now. “Thanks baby.”

            “You’re welcome. See you soon.”

            “One more thing,” I said immediately as the thought occurred. “Do you want to have a few drinks with me later.”

            “We’re going to be seen together, how could I say no to that.” The elation in his voice made me feel like absolute shit.

            “I, uh, I meant here.”

            The line was silent for a while and in those couple seconds I kicked myself ten kinds of ways. “Of course you did, my mistake.”

            “I’m sorry.”

            “Don’t apologize. The world will know you’re the reason for my happiness. I’ll make sure of it.” Here I was once again, caught with me tongue in the back of my throat all thanks to the words of Mr. Ian Stone. “So party for two later?”

            “Yes.”

            “Do you know how to mix drinks? Because I don’t.”

            “I dated a bartender.”

            “Don’t remind me. I’ll go to the liquor—I’m up in line. See you in a few.”

            “Bye.”

            Nothing could ruin this joy I felt. I called Kevin to find out if he needed me for anything. He politely told me no and after I insisted, he gave me no choice but to take the week off. It was either time off or I give up the chambers account. Apparently I’ve been stressed out and I needed some time to breath and return fresh. It was one phone call after another. I called my brother and he didn’t pick up. There’s nothing I can do about that. He’ll come around eventually.  I did my regular routine of checking online if there was anything about Ian and I. My day only got better when the only thing I read was about his return to the states. That’s something I was happy about too.