Dax

Alessandra's POV

I slowly open my eyes and groan, my head hurts like hell and I've got the all too familiar itch to do it. I look around to see that I'm in a hospital room, I sigh and sit up only for a pair of hands to help steady me. I look up to see none other than, Xavier. I clear my throat loudly and run my hand through my hair. "What are you doing here, Mr. Rodriguez?" He stares at me with a half amused look. "Well since you fainted, I took it upon myself to bring you to the hospital seeing as it was my office that you fainted in." I roll my eyes and stretch my arms, I give him a very sarcastic smile. "Well I am very grateful for your help but as you can see, I am fine therefore you are no longer needed here." I watch as his eyes widen as big as saucers.

The doctor walks in and I smile at him and wait for him to release me. "I am Doctor Mathers and your doctor for the time being. Ms. Williams, you suffered a anxiety attack which resulted in your brain shutting your body down as a defensive system. Do you experience these anxiety attacks often?" Doctor Mathers asks, I smile. "No, this was the first time in years." I lie straight through my teeth. I've perfected the art of lying over the years since I had to lie about almost everything as a teenager. I glance at Xavier before quickly averting my gaze back to Dr. Mathers and wait for his response. "Hmm, I see. Well you are free to go but if you happen to experience anymore attacks then please do come back and I will prescribe you some anti-anxiety medications. How about your depression, has it come back?" He asks, I resist the urge to sigh in frustration and instead I shake my head.

He nods and looks down at what appears to be my chart. "Well then, you are free to go as soon are you fill out the discharge papers." He announces, I smile thankfully. "Thank you." He nods and walks out, leaving me alone with Xavier. I stand up and look at Xavier with a smile which immediately turns into a frown when I see the cold look in his eyes. "See to it that there is not another episode of this in my office." He states coldly before walking out, I blink a couple times as what he said registers in my mind. I scoff in disbelief, how dare he?? How dare he make it sound like it was my fault?!? Anger bubbles up inside me, I close my eyes and take big deep breaths.

I quickly change into my clothes and leave the room after making sure I have everything, I sigh and walk towards the reception. The lady smiles and slides over a clipboard with my discharge papers on it, I smile and sign the papers before sliding it back to her. With a quick thanks I walk out the sliding doors, I sigh and hail a cab back to work so I can pick my car up. I lean back and close my eyes for a couple seconds, just resting. The cab comes to a stop and I pay the man before stepping out, I walk inside and take the elevator to the car park. I glance down at my phone to check the time and my eyes widen, I tap my foot impatiently and wait for the doors to open.

I fly out of the elevator and into my car, I start the engine and drive out towards Laura's apartment. I park my car on the side of the road and walk into the building, I sigh as I have to take yet another elevator up 4 floors. I brush my hand through my hair multiple times as I wait yet again, I sigh and lean against the wall. The doors open and a male walks in, I gulp and inch closer to the wall across from him. He smiles and me and I try my best to give him a smile back, I close my eyes and focus on my breathing in order to stop another panic attack from happening. The elevator doors open once again and I all but run out, I lean against the walls after the doors close and take a deep breath.

I shake my head and knock on the door, I wait for her to open the door. The door swings open and Laura looks at me and opens the door further for me. I step in and see Dax playing with Ellie, he looks up and grins when he sees me. He jumps up and runs right into my open arms, I laugh and kiss his cheek. "Did you miss me sweetie?" I ask, he nods and wiggles out of my grasp. He runs into another room and I know that he's gone to grab his bag, I turn towards Laura. "Thanks for letting him stay the night at your place Laura." She waves her hand as if it's nothing, I smile and shake my head. Dax walks out with his stuff and I grab his hand and take his bag. "What do you say?" I ask him, he smiles shyly. "Thank you Auntie Laura." I smile and bid them goodbye.

I walk out with Dax and smile at my angel, he looks at me and frowns. "What's wrong mommy?" He asks, I smile and shake my head. "Nothing." I pick him up and he rests his head on my shoulder, nestling his head against my neck.

I buckle him up in his car seat and walk towards the drivers seat and hop in, I adjust the rear-view mirror so that I can see Dax. I smile as he drifts off to sleep, I start the engine and start driving home.

His Personal Assistantजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें