What to do

Alessandra's POV

"Mummy?" Glancing through the rearview mirror, I hum in response. "Can I please stay the night at Ellie's? I haven't been to hers in ages." I ponder over it, unsure. I guess that would be for the best seeing as I don't want to face Xavier with Dax present. "Yea, sure, let me ask." I scroll through my contacts at a red light until I find Laura's number. I listen to the trill of the phone ringing throughout my car. "Hello?' Laura's chirpy voice fills the silence in the car. "Hey Laura, I was wondering if maybe Dax could stay the night at your place?" I ask unsure, I hope she says yes. I really need time to think. "Of course he can." I breath out an inaudible sigh of relief.                       "Okay, we'll be over in 10 minutes. " I hit end call and head towards Laura's apartment.

Dax already has some of his stuff at Laura's so I don't need to go back to Xavier's just yet. "Okay, you need to behave and listen to everything Auntie Laura says, okay?" I swivel around in my seat, my car parked outside Laura's building. He bobs his head enthusiastically, already squirming around in his car seat. Laughing, I help him unbuckle his belt. He springs out of his seat and out the car. I scramble out behind him trying to catch up. "Slow down!" I laugh, jogging to match his speed. He shuffles foot from foot in the elevator as we wait for it to reach Laura's floor.

I laugh as Dax dashes out of the elevator and towards Laura's apartment. By the time I catch up, he's already knocking rapidly on the door. The minute the door swings open, Dax darts inside and tackles Ellie into a massive bear hug. I laugh along with Laura as the two kids run off to play. "I have to get going but I'll see you later okay?" She nods, pulling me into a tight hug. "Okay, take care of yourself. See ya." I quickly walk back to my car.

What should I do now? Should I go back to Xavier's? Is that a good idea? I mean I practically insulted him, yelled at him within his own office. I know I should apologise, I took my anger, frustration and hurt out on him and that was not a wise choice. God what do I do now? Perhaps I should give him some space and I myself nee to think. I know exactly where I'm gonna go. It's not a good idea. It's dangerous. And it's probably not going to end well. Starting up my car, I drive to my.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry for the very, very short update.