It's All My Fault

Alessandra's POV

What do I do? I can't do this to Xavier but I need to save Dax. Ok, I'm just going to ignore Xavier that way I can tell Jason that he's the one ignoring me and wants nothing to do with me. I know Jason is having me tailed. I just hope I'm making the right decision. A tear leaks out of my eyes, quickly wiping it I hop out of my car and make my way up to my office floor. God please don't let Jason hurt my baby. I say a silent prayer in my head.

After I had reassured Laura that it wasn't her fault, I made Xavier go home much to his protests. I can understand why he was worried but I have to keep him out of this. I can't break his heart. What the hell am I thinking?? My son's life is in danger! Think practically Alexandra! I have to do this. It'll kill me but I have to. Sealing my eyes shut, I try to stop myself from crying. I shoot a weak smile towards Lucy as I make my way to my office. Shutting the door, a fresh round of tears pour down my eyes. Silent sobs rack my body, my heart wrenching painfully. I didn't want to come into work but Jason said to act natural and if anyone found out about what had happened then....he'd kill Dax.

Picking myself up from my position on the floor, I walk to my desk and grab a few files before heading to Xavier's cabin to get them signed. I tap softly on the door before making my way in, my eyes cast down to the floor. I place the files on his desk, I can feel his intense gaze on me. "These need to be signed." I mumble before spinning on my heel and heading towards the door. "Why are you at work?" I freeze, my eyes tearing up again. I spin around to face him but continue staring at the ground. "Because I am." I state, I jump as I hear something that sounded like his hand slamming on his desk. "Your son has been kidnapped but instead of trying to find him, you are here!!!" He shouts making me cower away from him before rage fills me.

"Stay the fuck out of my business! MY son is of no concern to YOU!" I scream, hurt flashes through his eyes before rage shines through them. "You are a bad mother! You don't care for your son! If you did you wouldn't be here!!" I freeze knowing that he's right, I shouldn't be here but I have no choice. My shoulders slump in defeat, tears threatening to spill for the millionth time. "Just stay away from me." My voice breaking at the end of the sentence, my heart wrenching painfully as I say that. I walk out of his office and back into mine, trying not to break down again. What should I do?? Should I call the police and risk Jason's tail finding out about it or just do as he says? Should I ask for Xavier's help? He's just concerned about Dax and I, I shouldn't have yelled at him. I probably ruined any chance of executing Jason's wishes.

I close my eyes and rest my head onto my chair, my head pounding as a million thoughts race through. Too many to have any coherent thoughts. I'm unable to do any work, instead I spend until my lunch break just staring out my window.....thinking. I stand up as I realise it's time to head out for lunch, my body on autopilot. My body goes rigid at the sound of my phone ringing, swallowing fearfully, I take a peek at the number. My eyes widen in fear as I recognise the number to be Jason's. I quickly answer it not wanting to keep him waiting. "Hello?" I try to keep my voice from shaking or showing any sign of fear. "Change of plans. You have two options. Option number one is you kill Xavier and option number two is I kill your pathetic little kid." His voice is filled with venom and hate, my breath hitches. "You have one hour to pick either kill Xavier or I'm going to kill Dax." He hangs up the phone after stating the ultimatum.

I fall back onto my chair, staring at my desk. I start to hyperventilate, my hands clutch the edges of my desk tightly. My head pulsating, my heart thumping against my chest rapidly, pain exploding up my arms because of my tight grip. My breathing rapid, my chest tightening. Snap out of it Alexandra! I try breathing through pursed lips, ignoring the tightening of my chest and the pain in my head. (I've never actually hyperventilated so I don't actually know what to do, this is just a result of a 5 minute research on hyperventilation)  Eventually, I manage to calm myself down, my heart slowly starts to beat at a steady rhythm once again.