Hello, I'm.....

The woman's eyes light up, longing and tears cloud her sky blue eyes. "Alex?" She walks closer to me and pats my shoulder. My eyes switch to the man, raw anger and disgust covers his face. Fear begins to rise inside of me but I shove it down. "Uh no, you have the wrong person, sorry. I'm Alessandra Mrs  Pearson." I try to explain to her. "You're lying, you are my daughter Alexandria," she pleads, I take a deep breath ready to break.

"Honey, she's not Alexandria. Her name is Alessandra. Sorry about this, our daughter ran away 8 years ago." The man apologies. "I'm not your daughter Hector," I snap looking down, anger clouding my judgement. "That's exactly what I just said," he grits his teeth, spitting his words out like venom. I laugh confusing him. "You know what? I'm not afraid of YOU," I spit out, his eyes glaring daggers at me. "Hello, I am Alessandra Williams formerly known as Alexandria Pearson and you have an abusive asshole for a husband." I state, he starts to shake in anger while I just smirk at him. 

"How. Dare. You. Disrespect. Me? You worthless piece of shit. I should have killed you when I had the chance!" He whisper shouts at me, I scoff and nod. "Yea, you should have but you didn't. Oh and I absolutely loved your little fake story about me running away and how I brought shame to the family. Like bitch please, you drove me away." I try not to shout, I try not to lose control but he already has. I feel Lizzy gasp and grab hold of my arm as if reassuring me everything is okay. "You little bitch," he spits out. "What? Huh, what are you going to do? Kill me? Hit me? Threaten me? Go right fucking ahead!" I taunt him which only makes him even more furious. "Excuse me, I have to get home." I dial Jake's number, hoping he's not asleep as I walk towards Lizzy's room. 

"Yo? Everything alright?" He answers causing me to smile. "Yea, I'm coming home now, I'm guessing Dax is asleep already so you can go home if you want." I state picking  my stuff up from her room and throw on my coat. "Uh, can I just crash here tonight?" He asks unsure, I laugh. "Of course you can. Everything alright?" I start walking back down the stairs, headed towards the door. "Yeah, I'll tell you when I get home," I hum and hang up. I push past people, trying to get to the exit. My mum comes towards me, I sigh not ready to face her well more like start something. I politely ask, "yes? How can I help you?" Mum looks at me with tears in her eyes. I smile softly. "Honey, I'm so very sorry. I'm so sorry I let this happen to you," she cries, sobs rack her body.

I smile and pull her in for a hug. "It's okay, you didn't know," I whisper trying to comfort her as much as I can. She pulls away and shakes her hear. "I'm going to get a divorce." She announces with determination and confidence. Shaking my head, "You can't he'll take everything from you! You'll have nothing left!" She smiles with a twinkle in her eyes, "my father made him sign a pre-nup before we got married. Everything that was and is mine will stay mine." She states with confidence. I grin and give her another hug, "look mum, I have to go now but I'll catch up with you later. Okay?" She nods and hands me her business card. "Call me." She demands. I nod and head out to my car, to go home.

Getting in my car my phone goes off. 

Hey are you ok? x

Yea I'm fine, just gonna go home. Sorry for ruining your night x

Nah it's all good, meet me tomorrow for lunch, the cafe right across from the office building xo

Ok, see you then xo

I unlock my apartment door and open it as quietly as possible. The door creaks shut making me purse my lips, a snicker makes it's way to my ears, I whip around to see a grinning Jake. "What's so funny?" I questions with my hands on my hips. "Just you trying to be quiet. It's actually quite hilarious to be honest." I smile and plop down onto my couch. "So, what's up?" I question, he sighs and sits down across from me. "As you know Nicki and I have been married for a couple of years but a few months ago I started seeing someone else.....A guy. So last week, I told Nicki that I was gay and seeing someone else. And we both decided to end our marriage since we had lost both mental and physical connection a  while ago," he explains while staring at the floor, I move closer to him and place my hands on his shoulder, "hey, it's gonna be okay. I'm so proud of you for coming forth and telling Nicki the truth and coming out. That takes a lot of courage." He smiles at me gratefully

We hug for another 20 minutes or so both lost in our own thoughts. Pulling away, I look down at my dress and back up at him to see him looking at me weirdly. "What?" I ask playfully punching his shoulder. "Why did you leave the party so early?" He questions, I sigh and shake my head. "I honestly don't feel like talking about it but I promise to tell you tomorrow after work but now I have to go change," He nods and I stand up before walking to my room and setting down my things. I change into some pyjama shorts and a singlet, I remove my make-up and quietly walk out to the living room to see Jake on his phone, he looks up at me curiously. "I doubt the couch is comfy, you can sleep in here with me," I jerk my head gesturing to my room, he gets up and follows me back to my room to go to sleep.