Coke and Pizza

Alessandra's POV

I open the door and Dax immediately runs to the couch and sprawls all over. I laugh and shake my head, I join him on the couch and put my arm around him. I smile softly as he moves closer, leaning his head on me. "Mummy's too tired to cook, so pizza?" He eagerly nods his head and hops off of the couch, he starts to jump up and down in excitement. "OK, OK, calm down and take a shower while I order it." I laugh and stand up to go grab my phone.

I watch as he sprints into his bathroom, I laugh as he trips up in his eagerness. Gosh, he's acting like he's never had pizza before. I quickly order it before getting out the money and placing it on the table next to the door. I grab my laptop and open up Facebook; I scroll through my newsfeed, occasionally laughing at quotes and photos. I decide to Facebook stalk my friend, Alisa. I try to find out whether or not she's finally decided to get a boyfriend. I go to text her for the first time in 6 or 7 years but the doorbell goes off making me shut my laptop lid.

I open the door and smile at the girl, she smiles and hands me the pizza. I hand her the money and thank her before shutting the door. I place the pizza on the coffee table and sit back down. Dax runs into the room and jumps next to me. "Mummy, can I get some coke please?" He pleads, I think about it for a second before getting up. "OK but only a little bit." He nods and I grab some from the fridge and pouring Dax about half a glass. I pour myself some water before sitting back down and handing him his glass. He eagerly takes it from me and takes a sip, I open up the box and take a slice. I switch on the TV and put The Simpsons on.

We laugh as Homer falls off of the roof; I look down at Dax to see that he's finished eating. I close the box and grab our glasses, I put them on the kitchen bench. "Dax, do you want some water?" I ask while getting myself some more, he nods without glancing my way. I put the glasses on the coffee table, I ruffle his hair making him swat my hand away. I laugh and pull my baby closer to me, he tries to wriggle out of my grasp. I pout and cross my arms, I look at the TV. I feel him move closer to me, his little hands turn my face to him but I face the TV again biting back a smile.

"Mummy." He whines and crawls onto my lap, he kisses my cheek and gives me a hug. I hug him back and smile. "So, how was your day?" I ask him, he grins. "Very good, I learnt my 2 times tables, we played basketball and I learnt how to play G on the guitar. OOO also these kids were picking on Ellie so I told them to back off and to leave her alone." I grin at his enthusiasm and love for school. "Really? That's great sweetheart. That was very nice of you to stand up for your best friend." He grins and rests his head on my shoulder, I watch him struggle to keep his eyes open. "Alright, time for bed." I carry him into his room and tuck him in. "Goodnight sweetheart, I love you." I kiss his forehead and smile. "Goodnight mummy, I love you too." He whispers before yawning, I turn the light off and leave the door open just crack.