What Are We????

Alessandra's POV

"What happened??" He grabs me gently by the shoulders, making me look into his blue eyes. My face hardens, a lump in my throat. "Nothing, nothing happened." I spit out with more venom than I intended. Annoyance and frustration runs through my body, I clench my jaw. Why can't people leave me alone?!? "It is my business Alessandra!!" He shouts, his voice harsh yet his eyes filled with compassion. "No it is not, I mean what are we?!?!? Hmm?!? You are just my BOSS!!" I scream at him, immediately regretting my words. His face contorts into one of anger and hurt.

I breathe deeply, trying not to break down. Xavier releases my shoulders and brushes past me, stopping at my cabin door. "Get back to work Miss Williams." His tone clipped and sharp, I know now that I have deeply hurt him. He shuts the door behind him, tears now start to pour out of my eyes. Biting my lip to refrain from making any sound, I sit down in my chair. My head in my hands, I grip my hair painfully. Eventually, I pull myself together and return to work. Blocking everything out, solely focussing on my work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gather my things and head out 10 minutes before he does, I guess I can try to avoid him but that's gonna be tough considering I am living at his place at the moment. I need to move out. I hop into my car and head to Dax's soccer game. My phone rings and an unknown number pops up, my heartbeat starts to accelerate as I answer it. "Hello?" I stop my voice from quivering, the sound of shuffling echoes through the car. "Uh, hi. This is uh Alex, Jake's boyfriend and um I was wondering where you were?" Relief floods me at hearing Alex's voice before suspicion takes over. Why was he stammering?? And he was unsure of his question. I frown and respond with, "exactly who is asking?" I question with a smirk, I can practically hear the gears turning inside his head. "I am." He responds, I roll my eyes. "Sure you are, spit it out Alex or I'm hanging up." I threaten, turning my car off after finding a parking spot. "Xavier does." He blurts out, the sound of someone being hit enters my ears.

I roll my eyes and hit end call before getting out of my car and taking a seat at the bleachers. I ignore the ringing of my phone, recognizing Alex's number. Groaning in frustration, I text Alex my whereabouts before putting my phone on silent just as the game starts. I spot Dax in the swarm of blue, he looks around the bleachers probably looking for me. We make eye contact and he excitedly waves at me, laughing I wave back. I clap excitedly as Dax gets a goal, I scream with the other parents. I watch my little boy play with a grin on his face and I know he loves this sport.

I get up and head onto the field to congratulate Dax and his team, they won 10-4 and Dax shot the winning goal. I bend down and engulf Dax into a bear hug before holding him at arm's length. "I'm so proud of you sweetie, you played wonderfully. I'm so glad that I got to come and watch it!" I exclaim, giving his forehead a kiss. He laughs and hugs me again. "Thank you mummy!" He shouts before running off to join the rest of his team to celebrate. I walk up to the coach who turns and smiles at me. "Thank you so much for coaching these kids really well." I shake his hand, he smiles at my gratitude. "I should be thanking you for bringing this team such an awesome player. I'm 100 percent sure that he's going to be a great sportsman when he's older." I laugh and thank him before going back to join Dax.

"Hey hun, let's go. Do you want ice cream?" I grab his hand and start walking back to my car. "Yes please!" He shouts, I laugh and help him into his seat before getting into my own. I turn the radio on and immediately the song 'Nancy Mulligan" by Ed Sheeran starts playing.

"But her daddy said no, you can't marry my daughter. She and I went on the run. Don't care about religion. I'm gonna marry the woman I love, down by the Wexford border." I sing along, the song is cut short as I pull up at the ice cream parlour. We both grab some ice cream before heading home.