Bruises

Xavier's POV

I cannot believe I made such an error, how could I judge Alessandra like that? I should have asked her about it rather than just yelled at her and called her such terrible words. I compared her to Alicia, I didn't even realise that I had until Lizzy practically shouted it out to me. I'd noticed Alessandra in the room, the minute Lizzy burst through my doors. I mean who can miss such an angel? The minute she left, Lizzy lost it. She had stalked over to me and punched me square in the face. As an aftermath, I was left with a bruised cheekbone. She then shouted incoherent things at me most of which I'm sure were just foul words and insults before Jake stepped in, breaking us apart. He said something about how Lizzy should leave as should the Alex and him. I remember Lizzy's ultimatum as clear as day. "Xavier, you better apologise and make this right or I swear to god, I'm gonna castrate you!" She then had stormed out followed by Alex and Jake.

Since then I have been pondering over how the hell I'm going to apologise to her. I stand up and head over to Alessandra's office only to find it empty. "Lucy, where is Miss Williams?" I turn around, questioning her. She looks up from her computer to face me with a soft smile. "She's gone home sick. Poor thing, her eyes were bloodshot; you've been working her too hard Xavier, poor thing's not getting enough sleep," she scolds me lightly. I really wish that was the case. I nod and thank her before heading to the elevator, to go to her apartment once again.

Just as I enter my car, my phone rings. Why is Alessandra calling me? I thought she'd never want to speak to me after how I treated her. I answer the phone, feeling guilt run through me. "Hello?" I answer only to be greeting by shuffling before static for a second like the phone was thrown; she must have accidentally dialled me. My phone connects with my bluetooth speaker as I pull out of the underground car park, I move to hit end call when suddenly a voice speaks up. "Who the hell were you calling you stupid bitch?!" I nearly slam the brakes as a male's voice rings throughout my car, I quickly recover from my initial shock as I speed up. "N-no o-o-one," a women who I presume is Alessandra chokes out as if she cannot speak clearly. I speed up even more, turning corners like a mad man.

There is silence on the other line and I fear something bad has happened. Anger consumes my body as the next words are spoken. "Did you miss me sweetheart?" My fingers coil tightly around the steering wheel, turning a pale shade of white. "Yes, sir," I hear her voice, she spoke so timidly as if she's afraid that might be the wrong answer. I pull up outside her building before I hear what must be a body colliding with something solid followed by a painful yelp. "You lying bitch!" I scramble up the stairs deciding that the elevator will take to long, my phone forgotten in the car. I scurry into her apartment, freezing just outside the room where the action is going down. There standing with her back to me, is Alessandra with what looks like a gun. There is also a male that the gun is currently pointed at, he looks at me and my eyes harden in anger. I look back at Alessandra, her once neat ponytail is now in a floppy mess.

"Alessandra?" I say without thinking, drawing her attention to me causing the man to lunge at her. She immediately pulls the trigger.

Alessandra's POV

Jason flinches back in shock for a second before quickly recovering. He quickly pushes past me and Xavier, straight out the door. I release a shaky breath that I didn't even know I was holding, I sink to the floor. A fresh set of tears start flowing as the adrenaline fades away, pain erupts everywhere in my body and it hurts to move. Xavier crouches down in front of me, a guilty look in his eyes. "I am so so sorry Alessandra, I should not have judged you so quickly and harshly." He apologises not meeting my eyes before picking me up and carrying me out of my apartment. "Where-" I start to speak, my voice hoarse from the tears and the lump in my throat. "I'm just taking you to my place, it's safer. " He mumbles quietly as he gently buckles me into his car.