Apologies, Pizza and Coke

Alessandra's POV

I watch Dax do his homework in the living area, I smile and look down at my phone half expecting him to call me. To threaten me. To threaten Dax. But he doesn't know about Dax, I never told him. Closing my eyes, I lean against the wall. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted, my body aches and my head is pounding as if a sledgehammer is banging up against my skull. I feel Xavier's presence behind me however I keep my eyes shut. I can hear the TV playing some kids show, the scent of Xavier's cologne wafts through my nose. The two of us stand in silence, not wanting to disturb the other. I feel horrible for dragging Xavier into this, I hate how I've turned to him for help. I hate being this darn dependent on someone I barely know. I fear that Jason will do something to Xavier just to try and get to me. To put that on my conscience.

"Alessandra?" I hum in response, I sense Xavier move a little bit closer to me. I feel his body heat radiating towards me in waves, alerting me of his close proximity to me. "Are you alright?" He questions, his hand resting on my shoulder. I nod and move towards the open plan dining table. "I'm quite alright thank you." I respond, he sits down across for me. Watching me suspiciously as if he knows that I am lying to him. "I know that you are lying to me." He states, I smile weakly. Restraining myself from holding my head in my hands. "It's nothing Mr Rodriguez, no need to worry about it." I smile a bit better this time, he frowns. "No need for formalities Alessandra, we are well past that stage." He informs me, I nod. I should probably thank him for his hospitality. I look up at him, my neck hurts at the action.

"Thank you for your hospitality Xavier. I am so sorry for dragging you into this mess. Into my mess. I shouldn't have launched this burden onto your shoulders and for that I apologise." I lean forward in my seat, maintaining eye contact with him. His eyes shine brightly with guilt and sadness. "Nonsense Alessandra, I should be the one apologising. I am so sorry for acting like a complete jackass, I just thought you were married to that Jake guy.." He mutters, scratching the back of his neck. I laugh and shake my head, he just continues. "You could say that I just don't have great experiences with relationships-" I interrupt him before he can continue. "Me either." It's his turn to laugh now, he quickly composes himself. Suddenly serious again. "Well in that case perhaps we can try together. I really like you Alessandra and I am so sorry for hurting you and judging you so harshly. I'm just hoping you'll give me a chance." His eyes hold so much hope that I just can't deny his request, smiling I nod. "Sure, I mean what could go wrong?" I laugh making him laugh.

He stands up and faces Dax grinning from ear to ear. "So what do you two want for dinner?" He questions, Xavier immediately has Dax's attention at the mention of food. He looks at Xavier happily before turning to me. "What can I have?" He questions, tilting his head to the right. Before I can answer, Xavier beats me to it. "Anything you like." Dax beams up at Xavier, he stands up grinning. "PIZZA!!!!!!" He screams at the top of his lungs all the while running to Xavier and giving him a hug. Xavier tenses up at first, surprised at the sudden contact before relaxing and returning the hug. "You are my new favourite person!" His voice muffled by Xavier's pants; I clear my throat to get Dax's attention, my eyebrow raised. He smiles at me sweetly before looking up at Xavier. "After mummy of course." He detaches himself from Xavier and returns to his homework.

Xavier sits back down, looking a bit like he's in a daze. "I wasn't expecting that." He mumbles to himself making me giggle. He glares playfully at me. "And what would you like Miss Williams? I can get you something else if you wish." He questions; his phone already out, ready to order. "I'll have the pizza thank you." I mumble, examining my nails as if they are the most interesting things in the world. "Okay, do you mind which one?" I shake my head and get up to go find myself some Advil for my splitting headache that just seems to get worse by the second.

Finding what I was looking for, I quickly down the Advil with water and walk back to the living area. I sit down behind Dax, he's on the floor leaning on the coffee table to do his work. I watch him do his maths over his shoulder, a proud look present on my face at the sight of all the answers to his equations being correct. I look up as Xavier sits down next to me. "Why are you smiling like that?" He questions curiously, I laugh. "Nothing just admiring how smart my little boy is." I ruffle up Dax's hair making him pout. He stands up and crosses his arms across his tiny chest, an angry look present on his face. "I am not a little boy mum, I'm a big boy. I'm not a kid." He stomps his foot childishly, I nod trying to keep a straight face but failing miserably.

"Oh my, I am so sorry for that incorrect statement. You are a big boy but big boys don't like hugs and kisses." I lean back against the sofa, a smug grin on my face. Daxton seems to rethink his logic before he launches himself onto me. "I love hugs and kisses mummy!!" He shouts, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I laugh and give him a big hug. "I know you do baby. Now finish your homework before pizza gets here." I scold him, he nods sliding off of my lap and continuing his work. I turn to see Xavier watching me in adoration, I blush letting my hair cover parts of my face. "What?" He shakes his head, removing the hairs away from my face. "Don't hide behind your hair." He reprimands me, I nod just as the doorbell rings signalling that pizza is here.

Dax quickly packs up his books and places them on the coffee table neatly before going straight to the dining table and taking a seat. I laugh at his impatience, I kiss the top of his head. Xavier walks towards us with two big boxes of pizza and a bottle of coke. I raise my eyebrow at him as he sets the items down. "I don't have any other drinks that aren't alcoholic." He shrugs and grabs three glasses, pouring us all some coke. He sets them down in front of us before turning to me. "Do you guys want plates or are you alright eating out of the box?" He questions, I look down at Dax. "Uh whatever is convenient for you." I answer, he nods and sits down. "Out of the box it is then." He states smiling and taking a slice.