Past is Past

Summary: Jim gets jealous when Mayim and Johnny kissed on the Conan show.

The gang was heading out Conan's studio after filming the show. They decided to go to a bar that they frequented to unwind for a while. The place had a room that was always ready for the cast of The Big Bang Theory, in case they wanted to drop by. Jim was all smiles and he went with the jokes that transpired throughout their time at the studio. However, Mayim noticed that he kept avoiding her eyes when she looks at him. The couple were the last to get out of Conan's set and she tried to hold his hand. He looked at her when she entwined her fingers with his and she smiled at him.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine. Oh, I forgot to send an email to my publicist, give a moment," he answered plainly and pulled his hand away from hers. Mayim frowned at his action, but didn't dwell too much on it when he took out his phone and started busying himself with composing a message. They walked side by side out of the studio, with Jim just trying to focus his attention on his phone. They came in the same car and were now headed to where the car was parked.

"The show went well, don't you think?" she asked casually when he started the car.

"Yeah," he answered. Starting to get out of the lot.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked again.

"I told you I am," he replied.

"Well, if you say so," she said.

"Yep," he replied, popping the p and nodding his head a little. This only confused her more. She guessed that if something was wrong, he would just tell her. He always voice out when he has a problem or when he's worried about something, so she dismissed it. The whole trip was quiet except for the music that Jim blasted through the car stereo. For some reason he decided to put on Rihanna tunes tonight. He's listened to her songs before so Mayim did not think much of it.

When they arrived at the bar, Jim walked ahead of her without even looking back at her.  They joined the rest of the group which were already situated inside their private room and had already ordered a round of shots for them. Jim sat next to Melissa where there was no more room for another person, so Mayim was forced to sit at the other end of the crescent-shaped couch. Jim ordered whiskey for himself and Mayim kept shooting questioning glances at him, but he kept ignoring her. The unfamiliar interaction went unnoticed by the group because they were having fun. When Mayim could no longer take it, she tried to catch Melissa's attention and mouthed for her to change seats with her. Mayim moved next to Jim and he looked at her for a minute before turning his attention back to the group. She patted his leg but he didn't look at her or even acknowledge her. She can tell something was really wrong because he hasn't been this cold since that time she that time she was dating Rob. She leaned closer and tried to kiss his cheek but he pulled away, giving her a stern look.

"Mayim! This is hardly the place for PDA," he all but hissed at her. His tone sent shivers down her spine and that immediately told her that she needed to fix whatever this is, quick. She got up and leaned down to whisper to his ear.

"I need a word, let's get out of here." He just stared at her, narrowing his eyes. She mouthed, "Now!" and fixed him with a menacing stare until he, too, got up and the pair went out of the room. No one was in the hallway where the private rooms were located so she just walked a few paces and stopped to look at him. She too, was now in a bad mood and she crossed her arms, arching an eyebrow at him.

"You want to tell me what's going on?" she asked.

"I don't know. Do I have to?" he retorted.

"Jim I don't have time for this! A few hours ago, we were okay, and now you're like this?" she gestured up and down with her hand.

"What exactly am I being?" he shot back.

"Rude, cold, insensitive? You name it!" she said, shaking her head.

"Well, how about you back track through the events of the show and tell me what could possibly be causing this," he said coldly. At his words, she stopped and did what he said; however, she couldn't pick what he's trying to point out.

"What do you mean?" she asked, frowning at him.

"Oh, I don't know, I mean I'm not the one french kissing my co-star here!" he tells her, raising his hands in frustration. It became clear to her why he's been acting all weird. She sighed and tried to think of the best way to explain her side. Before she could talk he spoke again. "I mean, Kaley and I were pretending, Kunal and Melissa felt weird when they did it, but you? You were perfectly fine sucking face with Johnny! What the hell was that about? and how exactly did you think that would make me feel?" he rushed out, his tone, rising higher and higher. She needed to stop his rage before someone starts checking on them. She grabbed his wrist and tried to stop him from talking.

"Jim! Jim look at me!" she commanded while he was trying to free himself from her grip. Eventually, he relented and fixed his angry gaze at her. When he did, she started talking again. "First of all, that was not french kissing! This is," she continued, then she freed one of his wrists and used the hand to pull his head down. She crushed her lips to his, trying to  pry them apart. He tried to resist at first, but her breath was intoxicating, that he eventually opened his mouth. Their tongues began a hasty dance; kissing each other hungrily; kissing each other like it's been a while since their lips last connected. Jim spun her around and leaned her against the wall. Her hands were now going up and down his back. One of his hand was holding her head firmly while the other was caressing her face. She realized just how fast things were escalating to she tried to pull back before things went any further. The hallway of a high-profiled bar isn't where she wants to continue this. She leaned her forehead to his as they both try to catch their breath. She took the opportunity to apologize. 

"I'm really sorry if I didn't consider how you'd feel about that kiss. But I'm telling you, it was all for the show. I'd never willingly kiss anyone for any reason. My real kisses are only for you. Please believe me," she whispered against his lips, brushing hers with his lightly in between sentences.

"I guess I know that. It just looked... real to me," he replied.

"Well I'll take that as a compliment," she told him.

"Why?" he asked, pulling his head back to look at her.

"That just means I can act so well, even my boyfriend thought I was kissing my co-star for pleasure," she answered, giving his a sly smile. He didn't return it though and frowned at her instead. She knew she needed to set him straight. She held his face and stared him in the eyes. "James Joseph Parsons, I was acting. I promise that I'll always be careful from now on. But believe me when I say that the only lips I want to kiss are yours and that you don't ever have to worry about other actors that I might kiss in the future," she finished.

"Well, I'll never like the idea of you kissing someone else, but it's not like I can avoid that myself,"

"Exactly," she said, kissing him again. When she ended the kiss, she took his bottom lip and bit it lightly, pulling with her teeth, slowly. She smiled when she felt him shiver, slightly. 

"You know what, why don't we get out of her so you can show me how sorry you are?" he said, pulling her away from the hallway, towards the bar's main entrance. She just giggled and allowed him to pull her out of the establishment. She laughed at how quickly he wanted to get home. He can be so adorable when he's jealous. She thought as he started driving away to his place.