Finale Proposal

Summary: Jim and Mayim tapes Sheldon and Amy's proposal scene but it turns out to be Jim's real proposal to Mayim.

~~

The casts and the writers were around the table for their first table read of the finale episode. As they go through the pages of the first draft, Mayim was reading ahead and let out a squeal and started hitting Jim on his arm.

"What?!" he asks, looking shocked at her, while trying to cover himself from her playful hits.

"You're proposing to me!" she all but shouts and the rest of the casts combs through the pages to find the scene she was talking about.

Meanwhile, Jim froze and blood was slowly draining from his face. He thought she was talking about him proposing to her, when she was actually talking about Sheldon. Kaley noticed him and bumps his leg under the table. When he looked at her, she widens her eyes and pointedly looked at the script. She was telling him through eyes that Mayim wasn't talking about his real-life proposal. Slowly, realization dawned on him and he gives Kaley a nervous smile and started browsing the script too.

Jim's reaction when they found out about Sheldon proposing to Amy went unnoticed by the rest surrounding the table. The rest of the day was spent with a few run through and a lot of talk about the upcoming season finale. The girls were all happy about how season 9 was ending, especially on the Shamy front. When Steve called for a wrap-up, the team slowly dispersed, some heading home, some going to other parts of the building. Jim made his way to his dressing room to get his bag. Mayim, Melissa, Kaley and Johnny were still huddled around the food table talking about trivial things. When Kaley noticed Jim heading to the second floor, she excused herself to follow him.

Jim left the door to his dressing room open, so Kaley just leaned against the door frame and crossed her arm.

"What's with you Captain Obvious? You almost gave yourself away there earlier," she says. Jim turned around and looked at her with furrowed brows.

"Well her outburst got me by surprise!" he exclaims while trying to keep his voice down.

Simon and Kaley are already aware of his plans. Jim was going to take Mayim away for a trip to Fiji after they finished taping the finale and propose. Jim has been giddy since he told them about it. Today though, after reading the lines that he needs to tell Mayim for the on-screen proposal, he's getting more and more worried about keeping the secret from her till it's time.

"Well you better keep it cool, unless you want her to get all suspicious," Kaley tells him, matter-of-factly.

"I will. I was just caught off guard today, is all," he replies.

"Fine. Well, come down soon, the gang wants to go out for dinner," she says and head out to rejoin the rest of the cast.

Jim let out a breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. The lines that the writers did for Sheldon to tell Amy were so much like what he was planning to tell Mayim. He couldn't let the words out earlier during the roundtable with enough enthusiasm because he felt nervous that she would notice something. He just needs to wait a little less than two weeks. He knows he needed to keep it in; for now he needs to do what he does best, act.

"Aaaand, cut!" Mark shouted through the megaphone. "Jim, what's going on? Do you need a break?" he asks, getting a little impatient. They have been shooting the same scene five times, but Jim seems out of the game and keeps forgetting his lines.

"No, I'm fine. I'm sorry, can we try again?" he asks their director. He agreed and the crew set the cameras up again for another take.

He shook his head and took his position again, getting ready for another take. In the scene, Shamy were in the set, imitating the Palomar Observatory. Amy was supposed to be looking at the telescope and Sheldon will start his proposal with an Astronomy related myth to impress her. It was only Monday, and their scene was the last one, ending with a cliff hanger for season 10. He shakes his head and focused on the task at hand. He didn't like taking too many takes even during rehearsals, so he knew that he needed to keep his thoughts straight.