We Are a Family

Summary: Mayim and Jim introduce their new baby to Mayim's son. Jim spends time with her son.

---

Mayim arrived at their home, carrying their new born daughter wrapped in a pink blanket while Jim carried the stuffs in the baby bag as he open the door. Both of them heard rushing footsteps from upstairs going down to their staircase as Fred and Miles happily went to see them.

"Mom!" Fred exclaimed joyfully as he hug Mayim's legs. "I miss you and I miss those cookies you make for me!" He tightened his hug around her mother.

"Didn't Grandma bake cookies for you? I told her to make some for you while I was away." Mayim said as she combed his hair with her hand while cradling her baby girl with the other. Fred just looked up to her, never letting go of his tight embrace onto her.

"Well.. yeah but I like yours better." Those words Mayim chuckled and kiss her little man's forehead.

While Mayim was busy catching up with her second son sitting on the couch with her, Jim noticed that Miles was just standing, holding a Rubik's cube and just looking at them, looking a bit sad. So Jim decided to approach Miles.

"Hi. I see you finished that cube you got there." Jim kneeled beside Miles. "Aren't you gonna show it to Mom?"

Miles just looked at him then looked at the cube he was holding. "Maybe. I did this for weeks. But she seemed busy."

Mayim's young boy sounded sad as he glanced to where her mother and Fred were before returning to his room. Jim felt worried and sympathetic, tho he still felt like he can't reach out with Mayim's boys.

It's been a few days since Mayim and Jim both returned home after Mayim gave birth to her first daughter. Jim was always on her side during those days and nights that Mayim stayed at the hospital due to some minor complication on her labor. Fred and Miles were usually taken care of either Mayim's mother or her cousin. Jim could not forget the happiness he felt in his chest when he heard his first born child's cries of life. It was unexplainable but he knew on that very moment as Mayim cradles their baby, he felt in love with her all over again.

It was the same feeling he had felt when Jim saw Mayim cradling their girl while humming a lullaby to her. Mayim's lips could not stop from curving to a smile as her little hand wraps around Mayim's finger. Jim was leaning at the door, admiring this beautiful scenario unfolding right in front of him. Jim saw Fred, filled with mud; running passed him towards his mom.

"Mom! Mom! Look! I saw a beetle! Mom!" But Miles' calls to her mom woke the baby which started crying. Mayim tried to hush the baby by cradling but it did not work. While Mayim was busy, Miles got scared and guilty that he had done something wrong.

"Miles, baby, I really wanna see that beetle but can you go with uncle Jim right now. It's that okay? Jim, can you take Miles please?"

"I'll get him." A little voice came in front of the door. "Hey Miles, I saw a beetle too. Wanna see who got a bigger one?" Fred took Miles hand and rushed to their garden.

The baby finally went back to sleep soundly but Mayim became so worried. Her boys have been acting distant towards her. She hasn't even seen them going to the baby's room to see their little sister. Every time Mayim brings theirs sister to where they were to bond, Fred usually rushed to his room and would stay there for the rest of the day. Fred and Miles have been acting strange towards Jim, too. Whenever Jim offers to help and do something for them, they immediately volunteer to do it by themselves instead.

"You okay?" Jim caringly asked his wife. "I'll take care of her. You go with Fred and Miles, it's okay. I can do this." Jim smiled that made Mayim's smile again.