The Liquid Version of Photoshop Pt. II

Jim had thought his birthday was going to end miserably. It all started when, blinded by desperation, he tried calling his ex to spend his birthday with him. But as soon as he asked, his past lover immediately turned him down. Later that night, Visit Napa called him to remind of him of the reservation he made. He was supposed to go with Mayim that day but she had broken up with him again. So he went alone and tried to drink his thoughts of her away. But even in a drunken state, she was all he thought about. Apparently, on the way home, he had told the cabbie to take him to Mayim's address.

It was a fortunate mistake. They had a wonderful night as he made love to her slow. In the morning, he had awakened to the sound of her kisses. She told him to hurry up before her kids woke up. Showering her face with more kisses, she giggled under him. When she began to wiggle out of his arms, he knew there was no talking to her. He reluctantly changed into his clothes and left.

Everything was right again, he thought. Well, he thought wrong. She treated him as though nothing had happened. She was the one who kissed him, who begged him to never forget, begged him to take her. But she had not answered when he called, she had not called back, she had not answered his texts. There was nothing.

And now, as he stood in the middle of the set, silently stewing as he looked at Mayim animatedly talking to Kunal, Jim's jaw hardened. He wanted to tear the script he was holding, But it was tape night, and the audience was alive. He turned his attention to a Chinese-looking girl being interviewed by the warm-up guy. She was blabbering about her love for Mayim. His patience almost evaporated when his co-star turned to the fan and waved at her. She can notice this fan's love but not his?

Good thing Kaley was there to distract him. "Johnny swallowed a whole truffle," she chuckled at his side.

"What did you do?" he cheerfully accused his castmate and, for the first time that night, smiled.

"I stood behind him and shouted boo when he ate the truffle," she told him in the middle of laughs. "It was soooo frustrating waiting for him to shove that thing in his mouth. Ugh, but it was also sooo satisfying when he finally did."

Secretly casting a sideway glance at Mayim, he felt a sense of victory when she eyed them with an annoyed look.

The entire taping was just a childish back-and-forth of glares, which was good since Sheldon was also angry at Amy for that episode. None of them needed to act.

After the curtain call, Chuck announced that his daughter, Nikki, will be directing the following episode, which then led to an awful lot of coaxing for Nikki to treat them to drinking.

Since it was a surprise, Nikki opted to buy them drinks and had the celebration on set.

Mayim had chosen to sit as far away from him as possible, which irritated him. Jim felt hot inside, a hotness that wanted to bring Mayim down from her pedestal. He didn't know where this irritation came from - whether it was brought about by the amount of alcohol he had ingested or the fact that she was deliberately ignoring him

Amidst the laughter and chit-chat, Jim stood up. "Look at this angel," he said, mocked raising a glass to Mayim. "So innocent among us sinners!"

Everybody cheered.

"Ooooh, I bet she's gonna write something about parties and drinking next."

More cheers.

"It's a party Mayim, lighten up!"

The crowd hooted.

"Come on, Jim," Johnny playfully patted his butt. "She's the only real scientist here, let her go."