The Best Girl

Summary: Jim and Mayim attends an awards show after party. Mayim gets sad because every couple in the event are showing public display of affection and it's all she ever wanted Jim to do.

---

Jim finally asked Mayim to be his girlfriend few weeks ago after realizing how much she meant to him, however, he pleaded her to be patient about making the real score between them in public as he was concerned of what people may say about them and he didn't want people to think she was some kind of a home wrecker.

It was Emmys post party when Jim got an overwhelming amount of congratulatory greetings from several actors and actresses after winning another Emmy award for the Best Comedy Actor in a Comedy Series category. He was busy thanking all the people for their greetings until he saw Mayim sitting alone on a table looking around sad. He felt bothered to see her like that. He immediately excused himself and sat beside her.

"Hey. What's going on?" He asked softly. She flashed a soft smile. "Nothing... I'm just... Everyone are so sweet. The couples are so sweet... I was just thinking maybe I can be like that to you on events like this..." She chuckled softly, he was just gazing at her. "... But that's just me. I know we can't and... It's okay. I'm just silly and... I'm sorry." She continued.

He hated to make her feel that way. He held her hand beneath the table and looked at her. "I love you." He uttered softly. She smiled and nodded. "So do I." She replied.

"Go on and enjoy yourself, Emmy winner. I'll be fine here." She flashed a big smile to him. He nodded and went back to entertaining the other actors. Mayim remained at the table and watched the people around, envying the sweet couples being publicly affectionate without any fear — it's all she ever wanted.

Jim kept on peeking on Mayim at their table throughout the night and he couldn't help but feel bad every time he sees the sadness in her eyes as she watched the couples around the venue.

Suddenly, Amy Schumer initiated an activity where all winners present at the post party would thank everyone and give a short speech. Some of the winners thanked everyone and had a special thank you message for their partners. Mayim secretly wished Jim could do that to her but she knew he won't and he can't tell it publicly yet. She just smiled for every time an award winning actor would do the things she hoped Jim would do despite that she was slightly breaking inside. Little did she knew that the sadness in her eyes were visible to Jim's eyes and it breaks him too.

"And the iconic Sheldon Cooper! Best comedy actor! Jim Parsons!" Amy called making people cheer.

"Okay! Thank you! Thank you so much for the congratulatory messages from all of you since this party started. Thank you to my cast mates on the big bang, Kaley, Johnny, Kunal, Mayim..."

Cast mate... Yeah. That's the best word I could get for now...

Mayim uttered at the back of her mind while she puts on a false smile on.

"... The producers. Chuck, Bill and Steve, for giving me the opportunity to share my talent and entertain people." He continued. The people applauded him after his statement. He looked at Mayim while the people were applauding him.

"Also! I have another person to thank for. Someone I can't miss to thank." He began making them thrilled.

"The person who inspires me to do my job well, the person who motivates me to go to work even if I am sick or hell of lazy. But seriously, there are times that I don't feel like going to work because I just wanna stay at home and chill but then I get forced to go to work because I actually want to see her." He seemed to blush.

Mayim didn't want to expect it was her he was referring to as it is very unlikely that he would spill their real score yet so she pretended she wasn't listening and busy sipping her iced tea. However, Jim stared at her making the people trail his sight.

She started to notice the people looking at her as silence swarmed the room. She moved her sight and looked back at Jim and saw him smiling at her. He paced towards her and extended his arm for him to assist her.

She gulped and took his hands. She stood up beside him as he placed his arm around her waist.

"The love of my life." He proudly flaunted her to the people making her overwhelmed. She looked at him in perturbation. "I thought..." She uttered near his ears as the people loudly cheered for them.

"They deserve to know. They deserve to know how wonderful my girlfriend is." He cuts her in and kissed her in the lips.

"I knew it!"

"I knew there is something between you!"

"You guys are in love!"

Some of the people teased.

"She's the best girl in my world." He stated making them squeal. He gazed at her and saw the happiness in her eyes.

"You're actually my world." He whispered to her ear and followed it by a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"Okay! This is unfair! You're already winning this Emmys, you're winning in love, you're literally winning in life already!" Jesse Ferguson joked making everyone laugh.

Jim looked back at Mayim again so fascinated that he finally felt at ease after being able to flaunt her without a fear to everyone. "I love you." He uttered and hugged her.