Chapter 14

I cried. The entire time Grayson was driving me home I cried. I wasn't one to shed tears in front of someone who wasn't very close to me, yet I couldn't control the self consciousness I felt.

"Em, stop." Gray told me very sternly. He slammed on the breaks and pulled into a nearby lot skidding into a parking space.

"You're beautiful. That doesn't matter."

I had to admit, I was extremely flattered that Grayson, one of the most gorgeous creatures I had ever laid eyes on, called me beautiful. I'd never wanted to be sexy or hot. Being beautiful was what I strived for, and having had reassurance from Gray fueled my fire. Just not enough to fully boost my confidence.

"Gray, I have a huge gash down my face. What do you expect people to think?"

"I expect people to stare sure, but you're still beautiful. I promise you."

"Gray, I don't know-"

"Stop." He roughly grabbed the sides of my face and turned me towards him. I looked down avoiding eye contact with him but he quickly laid a finger under my chin, lifting up my head.

Gray moved his lips towards my ear. He said, in a very breathy way "You're beautiful, never forget that."

Grayson trailed his lips down my cut. Kissing my cheek in multiple places. His touch left a strange tingling feeling. My face was numb from where his lips had lay. Gray pulled away and looked me in the eyes once more.

"Now, can we go?"

I nodded and he pulled out of the lot. The pain in my cut peeked as we approached a stop light. I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat. Grayson seemed to notice.

"You okay?"

I couldn't find the strength to speak. It was as if a knife had been dug into my cut. I let out a gasp, attempting to cover up how uncomfortable I was. Gray seemed not to worry and kept on driving.

The pain continued to worsen to a point where I clutched my cheek and ducked down into my knees, muffling my screams. Suddenly, like a car running out of gas, the burning stopped. I shot my head up. My hand slowly crawled up to my cheek. It was strange. I felt something wet under my finger tips. I looked at them and saw that they were covered in a shiny clear liquid. It was gross.

I flipped down the sun visor and looked in the mirror. What I saw scared the hell out of me.

A/N: Cliffhanger! (Well sorta). Anyways, thanks for 1K reads. That's a lot of people who took the time to read my story. I would like to send a special thank you to those who voted and commented on BLOODY TIES. It means more then you will ever know.

Xoxo, Dejavudolan