Chapter 19

"What is so important that you can't tell me? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand." I told Grayson outraged. He looked sorry, he really did. I thought to myself that maybe it wasn't such a great idea to go snooping for answers, but my curiosity got the better of me.

"Answer me," I shrieked, my voice cracking. Gray stood up, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"You would've believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

He sighed and removed his hands from my shoulders. "I'll strike you a deal. If you drive me home my secret will become yours Monday after school. That work?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'll through in my phone number too." Gray said. "That's all I'm giving."

Of course, I couldn't resist. But I knew I couldn't seem too excited. "Fine."

Grayson smiled as he stood up. He followed me out of his Emergency room then to the check out desk. The woman asked for Grayson's name, checked a file, then released him by cutting off his hospital bracelet.

"You're free to go." She said.

Grayson and I quickly made it to Billy's truck due to the fact that I had parked so close to the door. He got in on the passengers side and me on the drivers.

"Looks like you'll need someone to drive you lots of places now, huh?" I asked jokingly as the truck eased out of the parking lot. Gray smiled.

"Yeah I guess. I wouldn't mind it if you would drive me." An intense heat enveloped my cheeks at the words.

"Only if you pay gas money."

"Is my company not enough of a payment."

I rolled my eyes.

We continue on down the street making more small talk along the way through the small town. As the car approached the mid town four way stop, I asked Grayson for directions.

"Left." I turned in the direction he told me. The road seemed to continue on for miles, probably all the way over to the next big city. The street was lined with tall pines that scratched at the sky. It was quite pretty.

"My dad's never mentioned this road before. It's quite beautiful."

Grayson shrugged. "People just stay away I guess. My dad kind of has a reputation I guess."

My eyes bulged out of my head. "You mean like a criminal reputation or what?"

"No, no. I mean, well there's not much to do in this town, right?" I nodded my head. "There's just people out there who think my dad's here just to run the town, make it his own personal playground. His family was successful and he has a very decent amount of money."

"What about your mom?"

"She lived in Pines as a kid then left when she met dad. No one really leaves this town."

I took my eyes off the road for a second and looked over to Gray. "Well no one really moves here either."

I laughed. "I guess I'm one of the first then."

Grayson told me to take another left so I did, pulling into a gravel driveway. The house at the end of the way was huge. An old, brick Victorian towered over the truck, casting me into a huge shadow.

"You weren't kidding when you said successful were you?"

"Not at all."

I hopped out of the drivers seat and closed the door behind me. I waited for Grayson to walk around the other side of the truck and catch up to me. He walked up the side walk and I followed close behind him. I took this as an opportunity to better so inspect the house.

The exterior was no where near as magnificent as what I could see through the open windows. Dark wood and marble floors were the choice flooring the the ceiling was etched with elaborate replicas of famous art work.

The front door was gorgeous too, I couldn't even imagine how much it must've cost. I flinched as Grayson knocked rapped on the door so roughly.

We stood there quietly for a moment or so. Soon, I heard the shuffling of feet and the door swung open revealing a very elegantly dressed women. I expected a butler to answer or something, not a beautiful lady.

"Grayson!" She exclaimed wrapping her arms around his neck. "I was worried sick. Are you alright?"

He blushed slightly. "Yes mom, I'm great."

Mom? I expected sister honestly. The women was so beautiful, I realized I must've been staring. She turned to me with a perfect smile plastered on her face.

"You must be Emily. Hi, I'm Madeline, Grayson's mom." She extended her hand for me to shake which I gladly accepted.

"Nice to meet you. Your home is gorgeous," 'And so is your son.' I wanted to add.

"Thank you. I can show you around if you want."

"I really don't want to intrude."

"Nonsense, your welcome in anytime. My husband, Nate, is preparing dinner too. You could join us if you want."

I sighed. "I don't know. I just feel so invasive-"

Gray cut me off saying, "It'll be fun. You can even bring some home to your dad."

I turned my attention back to Madeline. "If your sure it's okay with you I'd love to join you for dinner."

A/N: Quick question, should I publish a cast for this book?