Chapter 20

I followed Madeline through the grand foyer into the family room. The room was embellished with some of the most elaborate decorations and expensive furniture. I was in true awe, not like the time I had to feign surprise with the present Billy bought me last year.

"Make yourself comfortable," Madeline said gesturing towards the couch. I didn't want to sit down, for fear I'd stain the expensive material. However, when Grayson harshly slammed himself down onto the right cushion, I loosened up and sat on the left side.

"What do you want to watch?" Gray asked turning on the T.V.

"I don't know," I said. "Maybe a movie or something?"

He looked over to me with a smirk. "What movie?"

"Anything. I don't really care."

Gray turned onto Netflix and flipped through the movies stopping on one saying, "I haven't seen this in years! How about this Em."

I shrugged. "I haven't seen it before."

Gray's mouth dropped open. "You've never seen Peter Pan?"

"Nope, never ever."

"Really! Well wait here for a second I'll be right back."

Grayson stumbled out of the room with a mile wide smile on his face. I laughed at his childishness.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket so I picked it up. My dad had sent me a text.

"Shoot!" I muttered to myself.

Dad- Where are you?????
Emily- A friend's house
Dad- What kind of friend?
Emily- A good friend
Dad- No, boy or girl
Emily- Boy...
Dad- Oh, tell Bruce I said hi then:)
Emily- It's not Bruce it's Grayson

I waited for Billy's text back, but he never did. I didn't worry though. I heard some shuffling from the pantry and I assumed this was either Grayson or his father. I looked back forwards to the T.V.

"Hey Gray-" A voice said from behind me. I snapped my head back to tell whoever it was the Gray was in another room. Ethan was standing in the doorway.

"You're not Grayson."

"No, I'm not." I said with a laugh.

"What are you going here?" Ethan said with pure venom.

"I was invited. I'm sorry that you weren't expecting me, I assumed Grayson would've told you."

"No, he didn't."

"Oh." I turned back to the T.V. hoping the awkwardness would pass. It was quiet for a moment, so I turned back around assuming Ethan had left. He hadn't.

"You need to leave now."

"If I'm bothering you I'm sorry, but your mother and brother invited me."

"You need to go. Get out now." Ethan stared at me in the eyes. His face was no longer angry, but worried. He seemed genuinely concerned, so much so that it scared me.

Ethan's face tensed up, appearing that he had something else to say. However, he was cut off by Gray's voice.

"Okay, mom almost didn't let me but I brought us some snacks." Grayson said walking into the family room. He stopped seeing Ethan.

"What are you doing here?" Gray asked his twin.

"I live here."

"You know what I mean Eth."

Ethan raised his eyebrows. "Oh nothing. Emily and I were just talking."

Grayson looked suspicious but dismissed it. "Okay."

Ethan nodded his head and walked off up the stairs. I watched him go. I swear he mouthed to me a warning. "They're watching," he said.

A/N: IM MEETING THE FREAKING DOLAN TWINS JULY 30th!!!!!!!! I've been a fan for so long now and I'm so excited for this opportunity. Even if you're not attending the twins tour, you will meet them one day😄