Chapter 18

Grayson was okay, but I was not. His car had been demolished, crushed into something that in no way resembled its original form. Yet, Gray looked perfect. I was suspicious.

He noticed me standing in the doorway almost right away. His eyes grew wide and he sprung up from his bed with unobtainable speed for someone who just supposedly went through that sort of trauma.

"Em." Gray said reaching across me to the door, closing the door. He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to his hospital bed. We sat down by each other.

"Gray is there something you need to tell me?" He looked down to the tile.

"No," Grayson said somberly.

"You sacred the crap out of me, you know that right? I thought you'd be dead. My dad told me about what happened to your car, Gray. There's no way you should still be alive."

"Well I am. I escaped without a scratch."

"How? Gray people don't escape things like that."

He sighed. "What if I'm not human." Grayson said so quietly I wasn't even sure what he said.

"What?"

He opened his mouth to speak again but was cut off by his room's door swinging open.

The boy who was on the other side looked almost exactly like Grayson, but he appeared to be a few inches shorter then his brother. His countenance was plain and expressionless until his gaze anchored itself with mine. His face flushed and his eyes flashed with anger.

"What is she doing here?"

Grayson responded, surprisingly calm. "Ethan, it's okay. Honest."

Ethan's breathing calmed a little, but his face still hosted a look of anger.

"I'm here to take you home Gray. Get up and come on."

I didn't know what I had done to Ethan to make him so upset with me. I'd never talked to him or even looked at him really. We didn't have any classes together.

"I wanted Em to. Mom and dad would love to meet her."

Ethan looked over at me, the quickness and anger returning to his breathing. "Em? Okay yeah, great."

He turned and spun out of the room. Ethan's footsteps faded into nothingness as he got further down the hallway. I looked to Grayson.

"You wanna come home with me, huh? I think I'm going to need a bit of an explanation."

Gray looked puzzled. "Explanation of what?"

"How you're okay! Your car was demolished, the cut on my cheek was healed after you..." My voice trailed off.

"Kissed it." He said with a smirk.

"Yes that. And you owe me an explanation as to why you were there to save me."

Gray exhaled sharply, his shoulders rising with his breath, then said so quietly, "I really can't tell you."

I immediately lost it.

A/N: Wow, that was a horrible chapter. I have a Geometry EOC tomorrow that I really need to study for and, like the good student I am, I've waited to the last night to cram in everything. Aren't I smart?

Anyways, I hadn't updated in a while and I thought it was unfair to my readers that my updates have not been very consistent. So, I dedicated a portion of my study time for this chapter.

Xoxo, Dejavudolan