Chapter 36

Grayson held onto me tighter as we flew past the outskirts of Pines. His pace only quickened as we grew closer the the bridge that separated the east and west sides of the city.

"Hang on tighter!" Grayson called out as he stepped foot on the bridge. I gladly complied to his orders.

Gray removed his arms from underneath my legs for just a moment before flipping himself up on top of the metal beam that ran over top the bridge. I could only enjoy the view from such high up for a moment before Grayson was back down on the road speeding towards my house.

Once we reached the more populated part of the city, Grayson took to the trees so that the chance of us being sighted was lowered. I buried my face into the back of his neck to keep branches from scratching at my skin.

"Sorry." He said.

Gray continued to run until we were at the trees that stood at the rear of my house. He took me off his back and placed me gently on my feet.

I turned to face Grayson. "Billy's definitely grounding me so I don't know when we'll be able to have our date."

He smiled. "It doesn't really matter to me," Grayson said. "I'm not going anywhere."

"And neither am I." I said pulling my boy into a hug. Gray hugged be back.

Suddenly, the vampire boy's muscled tensed, and he took in a deep inhale. He seemed to be smelling the air. Gray pulled out of the hug.

"Something's not right." He said.

Grayson grabbed my hand and dragged me towards my house. Only up close, it didn't resemble my house at all.

Windows were shattered and shards of glass was scattered across the lawn. I opened the half broken back door and entered the house with Grayson right behind me.

The scene was horrific. Splats of blood covered the furniture and walls.

"Dad!" I called out choking back tears. "Dad!" I fell to my knees in despair. The one Shape Shifter who the New Ages failed to catch had gotten to my dad.

"This is Morrigan's doing isn't it?" Grayson looked down to the floor. "Isn't it!" I screamed out, my voice turning raw because of it.

"Yes." Grayson said. "I recognized her scent when we got to the house."

"This is all your fault. This is all your and your families fault!"

"He's not dead. Morrigan is not going to kill him."

"Do you see that?" I asked pointed towards a broken piece of glass that was coated in a crusted, red substance. "That's what we call blood. She probably sucked the life out of him."

"She didn't. Trust me. Morrigan is going to hold your dad hostage somewhere in hopes that you will come to his rescue."

"Well, tell Morrigan she doesn't have to hope any longer. I'm going to find my dad."

"No you're not. Nate and Ethan will go. You're staying here with me and Madeline when she arrives."

"Before you start making plans don't you think you should call your family first, Gray?" I asked crossing my arms. He rolled his eyes.

"Alright smart ass. Where's the land line?" I gestured with my head over towards the back wall of the kitchen where our home phone hung.

"Don't wander off to far." Gray said while dialing the number.

"Where am going to go? Switzerland?"

I walked off into Billy's room hoping that I could find a clue as to where Morrigan may've taken my father. I didn't have to look far before I found a note on his night stand.

Dearest Emily,

I assume that since you are reading this you are aware that I currently have your father down at the harbor. He put up quite a fight and it would be a shame for such a strong person to perish.

Meet me at your fathers office by three o'clock. And don't bring any of your friends. I will know if you do.

Sincerely, Morrigan

"Alright bye." I heard Grayson's voice say before the sound of a phone being hung up rang about the house. I swiftly stuck the note down into my back pocket.

Grayson stood in the doorway. "What are you doing in here?" He asked.

"My dad just disappeared and your asking why I'm standing in his room admiring his things. I could loose him you know."

I started crying. Part of the tears were theatrical why the other half was true sorrow.

I wasn't going to let Morrigan take away my dad though.

"Ethan and Nate are searching the woods and abounded parts of the city. Madeleine's going to be here in about an hour or two. She has to pick up some things from our house." Gray said. I nodded.

"So we have the house to ourselves then?"

"Guess so."

"Well, at least we won't have to worry about getting caught cuddling." I said with a laugh.

"That's one positive way to look at it."

I pulled back the comforter that laid on top of my dads bed. I snuggled into the warmth of the mattress. Grayson lay beside me.

"I'm going to sleep." I said.

"Me too." Replied Grayson.

Except, I wasn't going to sleep at all.

You expected the action to be over didn't you?

And sorry this was a really short chapter!

QOTD: favorite Grayson and Emily moment so far or scenes that you hope to see in the future?