Chapter 28

"But that monster I'd seen. I forgot to tell you something about them."

"And what is that?"

"It looks just like you."

My words seemed to have set off a silent alarm. Immediately, Grayson aggressively grabbed my arm and tore me off his bed, dragging me down the stairs to the kitchen where Nate and Madeline had gathered.

"We have a problem." Grayson said, altering his parents.

"What is it?" Nate asked as he stood from his seat and walked over towards us.

"Ethan should be down here too." Said Gray.

"Way ahead of you," his twin said as he flashed down the stairs and into the kitchen lightning fast. "What's wrong?"

Gray sighed. "Emily just told me, she's seen them."

"How? They're here?" Madeline asked frantically. Gray nodded.

"Apparently so."

"How can we be sure?" Ethan asked approaching his brother.

"How can we not. You know there's been conflict between us." Grayson stopped speaking for a moment while he drifted his eyes to me. His family's gaze soon followed. "Tell them about the necklace and when you've seen the monsters."

I cleared my throat before speaking. "My friends and I we-we went to this antique shop this past weekend. I saw this strange, gorgeous necklace there. I wanted to buy it, but I didn't have enough money. I didn't tell anyone about it either."

Madeline bit here lip. "Was there anything suspicious about the place?"

"Not really, no."

Everyone stayed quiet.

"You may want to check this out!" Called Ethan's voice from the family room. I hadn't even seen him leave the kitchen so his sudden appearance in another room caught me off guard. I let out a small yelp.

Grayson's family and I piled into the family room where the T.V had been turned to the eleven o'clock news.

"The owner of local antique shop as been found dead by authorities early this morning." The news anchor read aloud. A picture of the victim was displayed in black and white on the screen. It was the women from the antique shop Margot, Scarlette and I had visited Sunday afternoon. "It is believed that the owner was a victim of an animal attack due to the countless gashes and bite marks covering her skin. The body as been prepared for autopsy but authorities have already concluded that the women had been dead for sometime, perhaps since early Sunday morning. More coverage will be provided on this case as evidence is released. I'm Fiona McDaniels and your watching-"

The anchor was cut short by a wicked crash of thunder that knocked out the lights. Pines Maine was a particularly rainy city so I wasn't surprised when I heard that sound of a generator clicking on.

"That's the owner of the store, I know her. She was at the store my friends and I went to."

Everyone's face was drained of any color. Mine probably was too, but I had no way of knowing.

"They are here..." Madeline said just above a whisper.

"Who's here?" I asked. No one answered.