..... ...--

I slowly opened the door to Dan's room, cringing as it creaked slightly. I saw a sleeping Dan laying daintily on his hospital bed. His head was leaning towards the side, a little drool dribbling down his face. I chuckled to myself, taking slow steps in his direction, my hands in my pockets. I pulled up the chair that was off to the side of his room closer to the bed so that I could sit. I pulled a tissue out of the box that sat on the bedside table. I carefully dabbed at his face to clean up the drool. I stopped suddenly. I could feel the air coming from his nose on my hand. I continue my dabbing, but slower this time. I notice there are hairs in his face, so I push them aside. His nose twitches, but he remains unconscious.

I take time to examine his current state. He was breathing in deeply, like it hurt with every breath of air he took. I frowned, brushing my fingertips on his face. His wrists were in bandages and there was an even bigger bandage on his head. I lifted his blanket slightly so that I could see more. He shivered, so I put it back down. I sighed aloud. Why wasn't I there to help him? It seems no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to do the right thing.

His breath hitched and he opened his eyes suddenly. He took a sharp turn in an effort to see the rest of his surroundings, only to groan and clutch his stomach when he did so.

"Dan, be careful. Don't move so fast. You just got out of surgery, you don't want to hurt yourself further," I explained, laying a hand on his shoulder. His eyes widened and he looked at me.

"Surgery? For what?" He asked, grasping my arm. I put my hand on his, lowering it in an attempt to calm him.

"The doctor said you had some internal bleeding, they had to patch it up. They also had to take some x-rays, which must have weakened you a bit. Come on, relax. It'll only hurt more if you strain yourself," I explained, rubbing circles in his palm. He seemed less tense when I did so. "Would you like to take your painkillers now?"

"Yeah. Yes please," he replied. Just as I got up to get a bottle of water and his medicine, he added something else. "Is there any food, too?"

"The nurse left you a bowl of oatmeal, but it didn't look very appealing, so I got a friend to sneak in some McDonald's. He should be here any minute now." He smiled at me, and I smiled back. I walked over to him with the bottled water and his pain medication. I took out two tablets like the nurse told me to, and I handed it to him. He took it as I handed him the water bottle.

"Phil?" He asked.

"Yeah, Dan?" I answered. He looked sort of distressed, like he was debating in his head whether or not to ask this question. "What is it?"

"Where's my mum?" He asked, finally.

"Oh," I said. I began to wonder too. She was supposed to be here. "I don't know. I called her, but she hasn't come yet. Maybe she's just in traffic," I suggested. He nodded his head, looking off into space, like he was trying to convince himself.

"Yeah, she's just in traffic," he said before popping the pills into his mouth and taking a sip of water. There was a knock at the door, which would probably be PJ.

"I'll get it," I said, leaping up from my chair and walking to the door,  swinging it open. Standing there was PJ, my long-term friend. He had his hands grasping the straps of his backpack, which was most likely holding our McDonald's. "Hey, Peej. Thanks for coming, it means a lot." Dan smiled at PJ, and he smiled back.

"Anything for free food. Now, pay up, Lester," he said, putting his hand out. I chuckled to myself, taking money out of my pocket and putting it into his hand.

"Here you go, Ligouri. Now, let's see that food. I'll go close the door," I said, pushing the door closed. PJ took off his backpack and unzipped it, revealing the greasy goodness inside. He took out a brown paper bag and some apple juice and milk, since they were easier to hide in his backpack, rather than paper cups full of soda. I also figured that soda wouldn't be very good for Dan right now, being that the beverage did ruin some of your stomach lining and he did just have surgery on that specific organ. PJ brought burgers and chips from the dollar menu. We took our food over to Dan, PJ pulling up the doctor's spinny chair to sit by Dan. He held a box of chips in his hand as he twirled around in the chair.

"So, you're the famous Dan Phil is always talking about. Nice to meet you, Mr. Daniel," he said, stopping momentarily to stick his hand out for Dan to shake it. Dan chuckled, shaking PJ's hand, PJ continuing his twirling right after Dan shook his hand. We hung out in Dan's hospital room, surprisingly not getting caught with outside food in the process. We stayed until visiting hours were over, and then we had to leave. I hugged Dan goodbye before exiting his room and going back to my flat.

Dan's POV

Worry was filling up my stomach throughout the whole day. Where was my mum? She was the last family I had left that accepted me and she always supported me. She would have come for sure. But what confirmed my worries was when a doctor came in that wasn't my own.

"Excuse me, Mr. Howell?" She said, tapping her clipboard with her pen out of anxiety.

"Yes? What's wrong?" I asked, anxiety ripping at my chest. I felt suffocated. What was she going to tell me? "Please tell me it's not about my mum."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Howell. Your mum was in an unfortunate accident and she is now in a coma. We are doing our best to keep her alive, and we are predicting that it will only last a week, but our predictions are not always accurate. I'm sorry to put extra stress on you in your condition, but I believed you deserved to know. I'm sorry, Dan," she said. Tears pricked my eyes and they began to fall silently. I held my head in my hands, looking away from her.

"Thank you for telling me," I said. She turned around and walked out slowly, closing the door carefully. The tears began to come faster and faster. What started off as quiet sniffles turned into loud sobs within seconds. I cried for an hour before I settled down, sniffles still escaping my mouth. I clutched onto the hospital pillow holding it for comfort. A nurse came in with a solemn face and told me goodnight before turning off the light and shutting the door. I grabbed my phone off of the side table, tears still running down my face. The light illuminated the room. I unlocked it and opened it to the messaging app and I tapped on Phil's name.

Dan: phil

Dan: shes in a coma

...

THERE IS YOUR LONG CHAPTER PLEASE BE HAPPY or be sad because of that ending because I kind of almost cried just writing it wow someone's always in a coma aren't they? I didn't want her to die because that's just too sad and yknow I probably would have ended up crying.

Life update: i don't do what you guys told me to do i tried ignoring her but you know its really hard to find a table to sit at at lunch. But like i tried to sit with someone else and they're really nice but no one else likes them and it makes me sad because i heard her say she was suicidal once so. But yeah I'm trying. I'm managing. I keep telling myself next year will be better but we'll see ha

Other update: omg just don't count on anything I say from now on lol Sensual is going to be postponed because I've written less than four chapters and I'm just not feeling it anymore so I have a different book idea and I think I'll be able to do this one lol but it's gonna be one of those books with shorter chapter but a lot of them so if you've read Ecstasy by hormotionally or Cruel I think it is by hold on lemme check-- thatonefosterkid (yes its v good read it) it's gonna be like that. Here's the cover I made it at 1am lol

Yes v v good you can get a wallpaper of the design on my tumblr bunnypandasftw #spon okay lol bye

~tbao