--... ...--

I ran out of my car and into Dan's flat building. I skipped the lift, sprinting up the stairs as fast as I could and took a sharp turn around the corner, reaching Dan's door, pounding my fists against it, yelling his name.

"Dan! Let me in! Don't do this to yourself! You have as much of a future and importance as I do! I wouldn't be able to live without you," I yelled, still pounding on the door. I couldn't hear anything but the soft whimpers coming from Dan through the door. I panicked, rushing around to see if I could find a way in. I pushed the door, turning the handle to see if it would open. Of course it was locked.

I wiped my brow, covered in sweat from stress and worry. I felt the door, and looked all around it. I looked around, thinking of what I could do. There was a plant pot at the end of the hallway. People keep spare keys in plant pots. Maybe there would be one in there.

I ran toward the plant pot as fast as I could and practically dumped it over as I looked for the key. It dropped out easily, and I picked it up, rushing back toward the door. I stuck it in the hole and twisted it eagerly. I aggressively pushed against the door and it opened up. I could see a sobbing form in the middle of the room. Dan's shoulders were shaking and he had a bottle of prescription drugs in his hand, still closed with the safety on. I rushed over to him and fell to my knees, enveloping him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Phil. I'm so sorry. I don't want to leave you, it was a rash decision. P-Please forgive me, Phil--I-I promise I won't ever do it again-" he choked, his head still tucked into his knees.

"Dan, you don't need to apologise. It's okay. You're still here and that's all that matters," I said, pulling him in closer to my chest. I brought my hand to his head and stroked his hair, instantly feeling him calm against my hand. He was no longer tense and shivering. He turned and tucked his head back into me and began sobbing loudly. I was there with him the whole time, stroking his head and rubbing circles in his back, comforting him.

The thing is, sometimes I need a little comforting, too.

...

Ooh a bit of drama today, ey? Idk I'm cold and tired. I'm gonna rant again right here. My day was pretty okay but I like starting discussions and reading your guy's opinions, but I think it makes it easier for me if I just make another chapter so expect one of those in a couple of minutes yo.

Thanksssss

~tbao