4

They walked back to the dorms & Normani saw the green eyed girl walking past Dinah and camilas door to go to her and Normani's. Wanting to spend more time with Lauren she spoke "Hey, you don't want to hang in here? You can meet my other friend camila" Lauren, happy at the offer, agreed to come and waited as Normani knocked. The door opened and the first thing that could be heard was "Milaaaaaaaaaaaaa" "Maniiiiiiiiiiiiiii" a mixture of the two names coming from both of their mouths. "I missed you so much!" Camila shouted. "I missed you too, this is my roommate, Lauren!" Camila looked back at the girl that Normani was pointing to and was in awe of her beauty. "Hey, how's it going?" She squeezed passed her lips. Her nerves and sudden change of emotions caused Lauren to smile "hey, nice to meet you" Lauren said with a grin on her face. Camila looked Lauren up and down analyzing the beauty 'wow those eyes' Camila thought. Lauren was giving camilas a similar look. Normani saw the interaction between the two and it displeased her. 'She flirts with everyone one huh. How ironic' Normani thought. Why did this upset her? Was it because she knew that Camila and her bestfriend was supposed to be in love or was it because of the impact Lauren had on her emotions. 'Whatever' Normani huffed causing Lauren to look her way.
   Lauren's POV:
Woah this Camila chick is hot. But she seems to have something going on with Dinah. Normani nor Dinah mentioned anything about this to me but I'm getting a feeling by the way Dinah is looking over at us during this brief conversation. But is doesn't matter Camila was nothing compared to normani. But maybe I could use her to make her jealous. Normani and Dinah sat on her bed and went over their schedules for tomorrow's classes. They had it pulled up on their phones. "Here Lauren come sit with me no need to be sitting over their by yourself" Camila said while laughing. 'Hmmm why not' I thought. I walked over a little hesitant to sit on her bed because we were still strangers, she gave a reassuring pat on the bed inviting me to sit. We sat talking for a while while Normani and Dinah had their bestfriend type conversations on the other side of the room. 'Wow this girl can talk' I thought to myself. She's is a little funny though even though her jokes are corny, I laughed anyway. During that whole conversation I made several glances and Normani to see if she even noticed I was still in the room, I didn't receive any looks back. I looked up one last time and there it was, our eyes met telling me that she was already looking before I looked. I smiled a toothless smile and did a goofy wave trying to be funny and adorable. It worked she laughed followed by a shake of her head. That smile of hers could light up a whole room. 'Jesus' I thought as I rolled my eyes up in my head.
    Normani's POV:
     Lauren is over there talking to Camila, there is a hell of a lot of laughing going on. Dinah seemed to notice to, I could tell by her expression. "You better get she hulk over there, before she gets this poly beat down" she was joking, well mostly. Dinah seemed to use anything green to call Lauren because of her green eyes. I laughed and shook my head. Standing up off of the bed I said "hey Lauren I'm going back to the room are you coming?" 'She better not say no' I thought. "Uh yeah" she responded as the got of of camilas bed. They hugged. 'They Hugged? I didn't even get a hug from her yet. How good was that conversation?' We both left to go back to the room.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The girls got back to the room. Normani entered as Lauren unlocked the door and held in open for her. 'She is quite the gentleman... Gentlewoman" Normani thought. They both began getting prepared for classes tomorrow because they discovered that they both had early classes on Mondays. "Hey we'll both be done around 12 we should grab some food" Lauren called out as she brushed her teeth. " Only if you pay" Normani said with a sly look on her face. Lauren smiled followed by "it's a date!" Normani returned the smile and crawled in to bed. She checked her phone and suddenly realized that's it's been a whole two days with no text from her boyfriend. 'He doesn't even care to know how my first day back went?' The thought of not talking to him for days made her upset beyond reason. She plugged her phone up and turned over in her bed falling asleep instantly.
    The brown skin girl woke up to still no text from him. She knew that their relationship hasn't been the same for about a month now but she knew she still loved him and would want things to work out if she had the choice. Lauren was standing by her bed putting her clothes on, she left the light off because she knew Normani was still sleeping and enough light came through from the window. Enough to light for Normani to see the view also. she looked as Lauren dressed, not allowing her to see that she was awake. 'Damn, this girls ass is almost as big as mine' "Like what you see?" She heard the green eyed girl say that from her side of the room. Normani could see the smirk on her face. She knew that she was returning the favor since Normani had said the same thing to her the day before. 'Oh noooooo play it cool' "ehh I've seen better" she lied. Lauren knew that Normani was checking her out which made her feel like this semester was going to be very enjoyable.
    They both went to their respective classes and around 11:30am Normani revived a text.
Roommie Lauren:
  Hey I know you were checking me out this morning 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

Everyone was always a little bolder over text messages. Normani opened the message and had to think fast of how to switch the subject from her because she already knew she had been caught.
Normani😍😍🍫:
  & I saw you checking out Camila☕️🐸 you might want to leave that alone before Dinah kicks your ass.

Roommie Lauren:
  Tell Dinah I don't want any problems😂 I have my eyes set on someone else. But you didn't deny it 👀

                                   Normani😍😍🍫:
  Whatever 🙄 I'll see you at the den, don't be late.

Roommie Lauren:
Okay babe 😘

Normani's POV:
'Babe?' She's way bolder over texts huh. Why am I liking this, maybe it's because she's giving me attention or because it's something new. I have been with Masi for a long time, we've gotten used to eachother and maybe that's why things have changed between us. She smiled and responded

                                 Normani😍😍🍫:
   Don't call me that..

Even though she wouldn't mind being that girls babe. They met up at the den and as the two ate Lauren was her same charming self and Normani was still trying to play hard to get. A few weeks passed and the same things were taking place. Lauren's charm was getting a little bit hard to to reject being as though they were growing closer they hugged often and there was much more contact between the two. Normani only talked to Masi about three times during this time and all of the conversations were short and dry. She didn't care, all of her message space was being filled up with messages from her very flirty roommate. During one of their many hugs Lauren's hands slowly slid from the middle of Normani's back, to her lower back, all the way down to her ass. Holding one cheek in each hand Lauren waited for Normani to push her away while saying something along the lines of 'oh my god Lo' but she didn't. Normani didn't know why she didn't move, but she just felt comfortable in the arms of Lauren. She held her arms over Lauren's shoulders, the hug only lasted a few seconds. They were only saying goodbye for a few hours because normani had to get to her night dance rehearsals. They both wished the hug lasted longer but Lauren stood there smiling after Normani shut the door because she knew what this could possibly mean. Were her feelings not one sided?