17

Normani's POV:
    I snatched my hand from underneath her chin with the look of complete horror on my face. I used my hands on the bed to scoot myself back from her a little creating some much needed distance from us. I thought she was over this. Sitting and pondering I couldn't move my mouth to form words as she looked me in my eyes, disheartened by my reaction. I saw her head drop down into her hands shaking it back and forth. 'Shit' I didn't want to break my bestfriends heart so I decided to play it off.
"I love you too Dinah" I grabbed her hands from her face and sat her up. She looked at me "No mani. I love you" she said again this time emphasizing the word love. 'Oh god' I don't know why, but I still continued to play it off as if she was just saying she loved me and not that she was in love with me. I scrunched up my face smiling "Dinah. I. Love. You. Too" I said letting out a confused nervous chuckle. "Normani you're not fucking getting it! I am in love with you" These words leaving her mouth put me in the same awkward situation again, after a long pause I spoke. "Dinah come here" I said pulling her into my chest "You know how special you are to me. I've known you for more than half of my life & each day being able to call you my bestfriend is a blessing" I rubbed my hand through her hair "I don't want to ruin that Dinah".
She sat up to speak grabbing my hand from her hair and pulling it close to her face "I've loved you ever since I laid my eyes on you, I believe in love at first sight because of you mani. When I beat that bully up for you that one time, going through my mind was how I needed to protect you because you were my future wife and no one could hurt you on my watch. & even though we're grown up now I still feel the same way. When I saw Quincy with his hands on you I was just as devastated as Lauren if not more, but I knew it wasn't my place. I wanted to kill him" she paused and grabbed both of my hands "Even though you weren't gay somewhere deep down inside I knew you were meant for me & now seeing you with Lauren I try to play it cool. But it's hard mani.." She blinked hard and a tear rolled down her cheek. I hesitated to wipe is it at first but I gave in and wiped because she has always been there to wipe my tears. She continued "The fact that I have been in love with you for years and hiding it is too much for me to handle. I've ruined so many relationships because of you and you don't even know it. Camila got sick of me mentioning and gushing over you all of the time, but I just couldn't help it. You're my drug Normani. And you have the nerve to out of nowhere turn gay and choose Lauren over me. That crushed my heart-". I cut her off "Dinah you know I love you, but I love Lauren too. It's different with her" she looked down at the floor. Her admitting that she was still in love with me all this time made since. Now I realized why she always joked about Lauren and her green eyes and why things were sort of awkward when the three of us hung out and she didn't have Camila there to distract her. Maybe she didn't even like Lauren at all. "Dinah baby, look at me" I said grabbing her face once again.
At that moment I looked in her eyes and felt something. Something different than I've ever felt for her.I remembered all of those moments that we spent together. All of those times she had my back & was there to beat up my boyfriends if they wronged me. I remembered how she would hold me when ever I needed her to and how the sweet smell of her perfume as I laid my head on her chest would cause my tears to stop falling. I remembered her being my first time. I remembered how it was just sex for me, but for her it was making love. That night I gave her myself and even though she was my second option, I was her first. I remembered how Dinah always put me first. Dinah has never put anyone else before me, not even her girlfriends.
Once I came back to form after being lost in her eyes I realized that my hand was still on the smooth skin of her face. I brought my other hand up to her cheek and slowly brought her lips into mine. I felt her melt into my lips as she slowly reached her hands to grab my waist. Her tongue rolled on my bottom lip and I opened my mouth so that it could enter. This felt.. Different. But to say it felt wrong would be a lie. Her smooth hands ran across the skin on my back as our tongues danced inside of eachothers mouths. 'Lauren..' As the thought of my girlfriend entered my mind, I hopped out of this kiss with a gasp. "No, no, no, no" I said covering my mouth with my hands "I-I should go"

A/N: Short chapter, sorry I just wanted to update finally. Anyways Norminah? Dun dun dunn😱 & im petty for switching out Laurmani's picture with a photoshopped Norminah one Lmao. Don't worry laurmani will prosper in the end.