15

Lauren's POV:
The car ride was absolutely silent, everyone was still in shock from what had just taken place. Tonight was an absolutely crazy night and by this time most of our alcohol had wore off so we regretted it all. The whole night I regretted, I was so ashamed of my actions from start to finish. From me being disgustingly rude to Normani for having a casual conversation, to me making out with that stranger. I didn't as much regret beating Quincy's face to a pulp because to me he deserved it. The thought of him taking advantage of Normani ran through my head again. What if I didn't show up there? Who knows what would have happened to her. I mean Dinah did say this guy was basically crazy. I got the images in my head again of his hands around her wrist shaking her violently. I balled up my fist, shaking my head, then looked out the car window placing my forehead up against it.
We pulled up to campus & I stepped out of the car walking around to Normani's door and opening it up. She was looking down the whole time the car door opened, only looking up when my hand reached out inviting her to grab it so I could help her out. She looked me in my eyes, I've never seen this look on my girlfriends face before. In those beautiful brown eyes there wasn't anger, she wasn't angry with me. But instead I saw a mixture of sorrow, longing, disgust and confusion. She didn't know what to do. She looked as if she wanted to grab my hand for help, hell she looked as if she wanted to fall in to my arms right there and allow me to comfort and hold her. But she didn't, instead she reached for the door next to me, missing her target the first time then reaching again. She started using the door to help her escape the car so I backed up to get out of her way.
We all headed to the elevator which was a silent ride as well. I stepped out the elevator first and the other three followed. I walked to our door and started to put in the key. I looked to my left to see Normani stopped in front of Dinah and camilas door, with dinahs arm wrapped around her shoulder. Our eyes connected and again those beautiful brown orbs had so many emotions reflecting out of them at one time. My eyes began to fill with liquid as Dinah pulled Normani into the room. We didn't loose eye contact until she was completely in the room. I continued opening the door. Once it was slammed shut I threw my back up against it, with my hands on my head. I grabbed so tight I could have sworn I scratched some skin off of my forehead in the process, but I didn't care. My back slowly slid down the door and as I sat there tears streamed down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Dinah spent the next few hours comforting Normani, which is what she did best. She couldn't stand to see Normani hurting & always felt that it was her job to make sure her bestfriend was okay. Dinah held her in her arms and ran her hands up and down the brown girls soft skin. Camila often times glanced over not feeling one hundred percent comfortable with this situation because she knew how Dinah used to feel about Normani. Dinah told Camila that her feelings for Normani faded away but I don't think any of them believed that, being as though she loved her their whole life.
    Dinah's thumb wiped the tears that flowed from Normani's face as if it was her duty to do so. They didn't talk for most of the beginning part but just being in dinah's arms made her feel better, even though she would much rather it be Lauren holding her. "Mani..". The brown girl looked at Dinah waiting for her to continue. "I know what Lauren did. She told me. But mani you have to understand that this girl loves you with all of her heart. She already beat herself up about this enough & she's probably still doing it right now to be honest. She almost had a heart attack when I told her about Quincy & she beat the guy like he murdered someone when she saw his hands on you"  'Told her about Quincy?' Normani thought to herself. 'What did Dinah know about Quincy? I didn't even tell her about him' She shrugged it off . Dinah continued "I know it hurt you to see her tonguing down another girl but just know it didn't mean a thing, you know how Lauren is when she drinks. Go in there and talk to her mani".

Normani's POV:
      Dinah was right, but however I left out of their room with no intention to talk to Lauren tonight. It was about 2 am at this point & I just wanted to be alone. I wanted to just cry myself to sleep, alone. I walked in and as soon as the door shut I slammed my back against it and slid down holding my hands up against my head. I sobbed as the tears streamed down my face, I tried to cry silently but that was not the case.

Lauren's POV:
I laid in our bed with the lights off, not sleep just red eyes and puffy faced. A lot was on my mind as I sniffled uncontrollably. The door opened and shut quickly, I turned over to see Normani in the same position that I had been in not too long ago. She held her head in her hands and sobbed. I felt my chest tighten up at the sight knowing that I was the reason she felt like this. I climbed out of bed and walked over to her slowly, not knowing what would happen when I reached my destination. She didn't lift her head so I'm sure she had no idea I was walking towards her. "Baby" I said as I kneeled down to be at the same level as her. She lifted her head, her face was full of tears. I reached both of my hands out and grabbed the side of her face wiping her tears with my thumbs. She looked into my eyes and then very quickly looked back down at the ground as if she was ashamed. "Mani baby, look at me" I said while still holding on to her face "I am soooooooooo sorry for what I did. I was just being so so so so stupid. I saw you with him and..." I stopped in the middle of talking as the tears flew down my cheeks again. "Lo... I'm sorry too" she said as her eyes still pushed out tears. "Did he hurt you mani?" She shook her head no & grabbed my hands from her face and pulled them in close to her, I hissed a little because of the pain. She pulled back quickly and looked down at my hands that were busted. "Lo your hands" she looked for a second longer then placed a soft kiss on them, one for each hand. "You really beat his ass!" she chuckled. "I don't play about my hot chocolate" I said and we both let out a small laugh. My smile quickly faded and I continued "Seriously mani, don't ever do that to me again. You have to promise me. I don't know what I would have did if he did something to you. He would probably be dead right now if he hurt you. You scared the shit out of me". "I know Lauren, I promise" she said as she used her fingers to brush my hair out of my face.
       A weight had been released from me knowing that Normani wasn't upset with me. Knowing that I can sleep with her in my arms tonight made me feel whole. I laid in bed waiting for her as as took her makeup off and took off her clothes. She climbed in bed & I held my arms open waiting for her to find her place with in them. Her skin against mine and my arms around her body was my absolute favorite place to be. Tonight made me realize even more that I can't lose her, I need her in my life. This girl, my roommate has a spell on me. I'm convinced.