Chapter Six

I rub my eyes after opening them. I look to my bed room door to see who had woken me up from my nap.

"Knock knock," My blonde friend greets me.

I grin at her, sitting up. "I didn't know you were coming over today. You don't come around as much anymore."

She moves to sit Indian style in front of me on the bed. "Sorry," she gives me a sheepish grin. "I've just been stressed out with school and everything, you know?"

I laugh. "No, I don't know."

She rolls her eyes before narrowing them. "Why were you sleeping? It's almost four, Bree."

"I, uh, didn't get much sleep."

"Oh, sorry. Do you need me to--"

My face falls. "No, no.Tell me what's been going on."

She smiles, eager to tell me about her day. Sarah is a talker. I'm more of a listener than a talker. I love listening to what Sarah tells me. It gives me an idea of what things are like out there. She could tell me the most boring thing, but make it interesting. She has very good charisma skills. We're meant to be friends. When she's upset, I'm good at listening so that she can let her feelings out. If I'm ever upset, she knows just what to say and how to make me laugh.

"She got suspended for it," she continues. "I thought I was going to get suspended too. It really ticked me off when she hit Emily."

"You and Emily are still friends?," I ask.

She nods. "Yeah. I'm glad Emily didn't get suspended though."

"Why did this girl hit Emily?"

Sarah laughs. "You know. Girl problems. She thought Emily was trying to steal her boyfriend or something," She says in a bored tone.

"Why do girls fight over guys?"

I shrug. "They just get mad I guess."

Sarah purses her lips. "What did you do today besides sleep?"

I recall what I did last night when she asks. "Nothing," I say to quickly.

She cocks and eyebrow. "What did you do?," she inquires.

Sarah is my best friend. Justin just said not to tell my parents. Sarah won't tell anyone. I also want to talk about it.

I lower my voice even though the door is closed. "I snuck out last night with Justin."

"That guy that's staying with you guys?"

I nod at her, waiting for a reaction.

"Why'd you do that?"

I frown. "He needed cigarettes and didn't want to go alone. I thought it might be a chance to finally see what it's like out of this house... this yard--"

"It's not that amazing."

"Maybe not to you, but you're use to it," I explain.

She smiles. "I guess your right .But I don't think that's very safe to be doing that," she scolds.

"You sound like my mom. I'm not a porcelain doll!"

She sighs. "I meant it might not be safe to be around him. Ella says he caused his mother nothing but trouble."

"We went to the park," I laugh.

She suppresses a smile. "Just be careful."

"I'll try," I muse. "Are you staying tonight?"

She shakes her head. "I have a of of homework to do and I'm grounded."

"Again?," I ask in disbelief."For what?"