Chapter Eight

Considering the fact that I don't know how to swim, the pool is kind of a nightmare. I hang on to the side of the pool, afraid that if I let go, I'll drown. I know I should be able to float, but I'm just a little nervous.

"Come on, Aubrey. Emily and I will teach you how to swim," Sarah holds her hand out to me.

After a short glaring contest, I give in. A few people in the pool laugh at my attempts to swim. Justin and Lee are nowhere to be found outside. I'm kind of glad they're not witnessing my splashing around. Sarah and Emily manage to teach me how to keep myself afloat and to doggy-paddle. It's a start. I only stay in the pool for a little while longer. When I get out, pick up a folded towel sitting at the side of the pool. Once I'm somewhat dry, I throw my clothes back on over the bikini. I personally don't like wearing a bikini, but Sarah does and that's what I was stuck with. Although, I don't think swimming is something I really like to do anyways. It was kind of fun though.

Sarah rests her arms on the side of the pool. "Are you leaving?"

I shrug. "Maybe in a little while. I'm getting tired."

She frowns a little, but waves to me. "I'll see you later then,Bree!"

"Okay," I smile, retreating inside the house.

Are more people here now? A yawn escapes me as I push my way threw the bodies swaying to the music around me. I look over to where Lee was earlier, but he is no where to be seen. I look for either of the boys fro a good ten minutes.They wouldn't leave me here,would they?

I whirl around when I hear someone slur an almost incoherent sentence. "H-Hey,sweetheart."

My eyes land on an unfamiliar brunette. "Uh, hi."

You look really pretty, you know? I'm Jack by the way."

I smile awkwardly. "I'm Aubrey, but I think you'd better not drink anymore."

"What?," he laughs at me. "I don't drink. I'm not drunk."

I laugh. "Then why are you talking to a complete stranger?"

"It's nice to get to know people. And I thought you were cute. I just wanted--"

"Move it," Justin's voice snaps.

He pushes the guy talking to me to the side. I frown at the blonde.

"Justin, that was rude."

He grips my arm. "C'mon. It's almost one in the morning. We're leaving."

"I thought we were friends, Aubrey," the drunken man whines dramatically.

I shoot him an apologetic smile as Justin tows me through the crowd. I muttered excuse me a million times when I walked through. He's just pushing people out of the way without saying a word. Half of them won't remember in the morning anyways. I guess it doesn't matter.

I speak once were outside in the front yard. "What's the rush?"

"I don't want to take the risk of your parents waking up. Your dad wakes up around two every night. I've noticed the past couple of days."

"You're very observant," I tell him, raising an eyebrow. My dad does have trouble sleeping.

"I know," he brags. "Where the hell is Lee? I told him to be out here already."

A few minutes later, Lee comes out of the house. He wobbles to the side a little when going down the four steps of the porch. Justin holds out his hand.Lee looks confuses and opens his mouth to say something.

"You're drunk. I'm driving."

Lee smirks, but retrieves the keys from his pocket, dropping them into Justin's hands. "And you didn't drink tonight?"