Chapter Nine

I wake up the next day on a bright Saturday morning. Wait, morning? I thought I'd end up sleeping in. I throw the blankets over my head when I see the reason I'd woken up. Lily is sitting next to me. I feel her weight move, and then she is laying next to me. She jerks the blanket from my face.

"I saw Justin going back to his room last night. What were you two doing?"

I roll my eyes at her. "Get off my bed."

She grins. "Why? Is it reserved for your boyfriend?"

"I don't have one. And don't say that, you're like fourteen."

"What was he doing in here, Aubrey? I bet mom would love to here his explanations for why he was in here," she muses. "And I'm fifteen, you idiot."

Lily sit up as I do. I narrow my eyes at her, as she stands up. She begins to back away slowly, her eyes glaze with amusement.

"Lily," I warn. "Don't."

She ignores me, sprinting out of my room in seconds. I throw the blanket off of me, running as quick as possible to catch up.

"Wait, Lily. Please!"

I hear her laugh as she rounds the corner of our hallway. Her laughter is cut short, and replaced by an groan.

"Ow!," I she snaps after a moment.

I slow down when I reach her. Justin his doing his best to hide his laugh. I notice that Lily is now blushing, while rubbing her nose. I'm confused at first, but then I notice that he only had a towel wrapped around his lower body. His hair is still wet. He has just gotten put of the shower. She must have ran into him. I do my best to ignore the awkward moment of silence. Justin can keep Lily from saying anything. I'm sure he could get her to listen, or make her listen to him.

"Lily saw you going back to your room," I whisper.

His eyes widen, before he glares at her. The look he gave her makes me take a step back.

"You little brat," he say menacingly, taking a step towards her."You were going to tell your parents?," he hisses.

She shakes her head quickly, greenish eyes wide. "N-No, of course not ..I ..um.. just needed to get to that bathroom. I really need to pee," she says quickly, walking past him.

"Lily," he calls to her, turning around. "If they find out, I know who's fault it is, right?"

She gulps. "Y-yeah."

"Keep quiet."

"I will," she promises, then quickly scurries off.

I frown at him. "That was a little mean."

He turns to me, a huge grin plastered onto his face. "She's just a kid. I wouldn't actually hurt her for something like that. I just need her to think I would."

My eyes involuntarily travel down to the towel around him, then up to his eyes. "You should probably go get dressed."

He smirks at me, striding past me towards his room. I feel my face warm slightly. Why am I getting embarrassed? It's just Justin. He's a jerk. There's no reason to let him embarrass me. I decide to go down stairs to see if mom and dad are up. Dad is at the table, drinking his coffee and reading the news paper.

"Any good news?," I ask when he doesn't notice me walking in.

He sets the paper down,giving me a small smile. "I was actually just reading the cartoons. News is too depressing these days."

I make my way over to the counter where the coffee pot is. "I suppose. Is mom awake?"

"Nope," he murmurs, taking a sip from his mug that says number one dad.