Epilogue

I drive to the coffee shop down the street. It is lightly snowing outside. Sarah and I are talking again. She is no longer friends with that girl I poured milk on. We are still friends after all of this. When I enter, the smell of coffee wafts around me. I see Sarah has already ordered for both of us.

I walk over to the table next to the window. I sit across from her, smiling. I reach for the creamer on the table. I prepare my coffee as Sarah begins to speak.

"Are you okay?"

"Am I okay?," I frown at her, considering the question. "Um, yeah."

She places a hand over mine, and gives it a gentle squeeze. "It's okay not to be."

My throat tightens. "I-I'll be fine."

"I'm here for you."

I nod quickly, retracting my hand. "I know, Sarah. Thank you," I smile slightly.

"It's been a month."

My shoulders sag, "It doesn't feel like it."

"I'm sorry. I just..."

"Please don't say you're sorry. I've been hearing that too much lately," I frown.

She sighs. "I just don't know what else to say."

"Let's talk about something else," I suggest, looking hopeful.

She obliges, and we begin to talk about school. I listen to her complain about how I make straight A's, while she has only one B. I begin to zone out.

I remember when Justin first came to our house. I thought he was such a jerk.

Ella enters the kitchen, a tall figure follows her momentarily. He's carrying his luggage.

"Where did you want Justin to be staying?," Ella asks my mother.

The tall guy looks around with curious brown eyes. He drinks the place in, before wrinkling his nose.

"Nice place," he muses.

I recall the dream I had about him kissing me. I remember when I was bitten by that dog. That old man was so mean. He decided to keep his mouth shut when he found out my parents were lawyers. I wonder if Justin thinks about me?

 I remember when we kissed for real...

I'm about to question his silence, but he leans down quickly, pressing his lips to mine. I am thankful that the door is closed. An embarrassing thudding against my chest makes my head spin. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do, so I keep my hands at my sides. He doesn't do the same though.

He gently holds my head in place when I nervously try to pull away. His thumb strokes my cheek, and his lips are softer than I thought they would be.

I remember everything. Before I can let my mind run too far, Sarah tells me she is meeting Nathan somewhere. Her and Nathan have been hanging out a lot more recently.

"I have to go. I have to be there at one."

I wave her off, smiling. "Go ahead. I'm going to finish this," I tell her, picking up my coffee.

She gathers her purse, then says her goodbyes. A few minutes later, someone approaches my table. He takes a seat across from me.

I smile awkwardly at him. Do I know this guy? I give him a slight wave.

After a moment, he waves back, dazzling me with a handsome smile. I freeze for a second. A blush spreads across my cheeks. We've definitely never met.

"Did you need something?," i ask in a small voice.