Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Do you have any fives?," Justin asks, bored.

A yawn escapes me. "Go fish."

We've been playing card games all day. It's almost eight now. We resorted to playing Go Fish. There is nothing to do here.

"Do you have any sevens?"

"Nope," he sighs. "Go fish."

I take a card; I look up at the blonde. He is looking at the cards in his hands. I find my eyes straying over to his perfectly sculptured lips. I have the urge to kiss him again, but I don't. I sigh, irritated. I drop my cards to the floor in front of me.

"I'm bored, Justin."

"Me too," he agrees, putting down his cards. He begins to place the cards back in the box.

"What do you want to do?," he asks.

I think for a moment. I remember that Lily and her friends used to play a game called truth or dare at slumber parties. It doesn't sound very fun, but there is nothing else to do. Besides, it might be fun with Justin. Also, I can find out more about him.

"We could play truth or dare?," I suggest.

He smirks at me. "Are you sure about that one?," he says flirtatiously, wagging his eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

I gently smack him on his arm. "Stop being a pervert."

He chuckles. "I'm just kidding, Aubrey," he smiles, moving so that he is now sitting pretzel style on the floor.

I fold my legs underneath me. "What do you want to do then?"

"Have you ever play Two Truths, One Lie?"

"I don't think so," I raise an eyebrow.

He smiles again. "Okay, we tell two true things about ourselves, and then make up one lie. The other person has to guess what the lie is."

I can still learn more about him with this game. This is perfect. It sounds kind of fun too. I'm not sure if I'm a good liar though. I have a feeling Justin will be.

"You go first," I suggest.

"Okay," he says, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "I... use to play football. I stopped smoking," he says, causing my eyes to widen in disbelief. "I lit a girl's hair on fire once."

I shake my head at him. "The smoking one," I smile uncontrollably for some unknown reason.

"Nope," he grins triumphantly. "I haven't smoked once since you got bit by that dog."

"Really?," I beam at him. "That's great."

"Why is that great?"

"I told you that stuff will kill you."

He rolls his eyes. "There is a lot that can kill me. I've never played football."

I cock my head to the side. "Have you ever played sports?"

"Maybe when I was a kid," he snorts.

"Then why are you..."

He smirks. "Why am I what?"

My face tints. "Muscular?," it sounds like a question.

"Exercise," he responds in an isn't-it-obvious tone.

My eyes widen once more, and I gasp. "You lit a girl's hair on fire."

He bursts out laughing. "You really just noticed I said that? Yes, but it was an accident."

I purse my lips at him. "How could that have possibly been an accident?"

He explains how he was lighting a cigarette in the tenth grade. The girl had been too close; the light got the tips of the girl's hair. She was okay, though. Her hair was just a little damaged. I would have killed Justin if that had been my hair.