Chapter Twenty-Nine

"About our date thing..."

I come back from the kitchen after putting the broom away. "What?," I groan, irritated.

He is sitting on the couch now. "Er... nothing. I was just wondering if we could leave soon."

"Sure?," my response sounds like a question. "But where are we going?"

Justin looks worried about something. I sit next to him, reaching for his hand. He pulls it away, sighing.

"What's wrong?"

He shakes his head. "What do you want to do today?"

What is wrong with him? He's been acting weird ever since we woke up. I give him a sad look, and he looks away.

"Did I do something wrong?," my throat constricts.

Does he not want to go anywhere today? We don't have to leave the apartment. We went out to eat on my birthday a while back. We can wait until next month before going out again. I thought I got him to open up. He's being distant again. He's more like the Justin I met in the beginning, except less threatening. He looks so upset. But why? I know he doesn't like talking about personal things. He use to be defensive about his mother. I guess I will just have to wait for him to tell me himself. I gaze at him, but he stares at the carpet beneath us, a forlorn expression etched into his face.

"No," he snarls, irritated. "Stop being so damn nosy."

For a moment, I am hurt. The intimidating Justin is back. In this moment, I realize that this is his defense mechanism. He avoids subjects and gets a temper. He thinks it will make people stop questioning him. He is trying to intimidate me. Instead, he has only hurt my feelings. he no longer intimidates me. I think this is because I know how he really is. I know that he likes to keep things to himself. He doesn't want to appear as weak. As much as he tries to hide it, he is delicate. I have to choose my words carefully.

"I'm just worried, Justin. We can stay here if you want."

His face hardens, and he turns to glare at me. "I know what you're doing."

"What?," I ask, offended.

He rolls his eyes. "You're trying to be all sweet. You think that it will make me all soft and tell you what's wrong."

My eyebrows raise. "So, there is something wrong."

His jaw clenches. "Just shut up."

"And I know what you're doing," I snap. "You're trying to be hateful towards, so I'll shut up. Well, it's not going to work. You just admitted that something is wrong. Tell me."

"Fine. Time for a different approach."

"What is that suppose to mean-"

I am suddenly cut off by his lips. This kiss is more rough and angry than our usual ones. He is mad. He is trying to distract me. I am suddenly angry as well. I bite his lip abruptly, causing him to pull away quickly, swearing.

"What the hell?"

I rise to my feet. "Look, we do not have to leave the house if you don't want to. You don't have to tell me what is going on. I'm sorry for being... nosy," I sneer. I was just worried, but you are incapable of understanding that I care about you. I may not be able to feel physical pain, but I am starting to believe that you are incapable of feeling emotional pain, because you avoid everything!"

Before I can yell at him any further, I run off to the bedroom. I am thankful to see a lock on it. I lock the door, then move to collapse onto the bed. I glare up at the ceiling. Tears prick my eyes and I roll my eyes at myself. I am acting like an emotional brat. I wouldn't normally get that mad at him. I just... I miss my family. I miss them so much. I can't take it if he's against me too.