Chapter Eighteen

Thanks to xxcandydandyxx for the amazing banner to the right(for another story of mine). <33

___

  The annoying trill from my alarm clock causes me to stir. I throw my right arm(the uninjured one) over to my night stand and slam down on the dismiss button. I throw the same arm over my face, shielding my eyes from the sunlight spilling in from my window. I was sleeping so good. I don't want to get up. Before I can drift back to sleep, I feel something warm next to me. They envelope me in their arms. Is Lily in here? Perhaps she had a nightmare? That hasn't happened since she was younger though.

One of my eyes pop open, followed by another when I recall last night. He was suppose to have left!

I squirm in his arms, hoping to wake him. I'm successful. His brown, bleary eyes meet mine and he frowns, releasing me. He turns over with a groan and covers his head with a pillow. I roll my eyes at his childish behavior. I easily think of a witty greeting.

"Are you mad because you have to get up, or because I won't be your cuddle-buddy?"

He snorts. "I don't cuddle."

"Then what were you doing a few seconds ago? Actually, why are you even in here? You said you would leave when the movie was over," I say with an arrogant smile.

He ignores the first part of my questions. "I fell asleep before it ended. Sorry," he snaps.

I sigh, my humor gone. "We do need to get up. It's after six, Justin."

"Wake me up at six-thirty," he demands.

"We have to be at the bus stop at seven. Can you get up and be ready that fast?"

He turns on his side, looking at me in irritation. "Would you just shut up so I can sleep? It only takes ten minutes to get there. Yes, I will get up."

I sit up in my bed, looking down at him with a frown. "You could be a bit nicer," I say quietly.

He blinks, and the sighs. "I'm going back to sleep."

"Okay," I acquiesce.

After making sure that Lily is awake, I go to shower quickly. I take my clothes to the bathroom because Justin is in my bedroom. I wear my dark blue artisan iced tea dress. I throw a black sweater over it to hide my bandaged elbow. I decide to leave my hair down today. When I go downstairs, my parent's cars are already gone. I go to the kitchen to see a plate on the kitchen island. I grab one, knowing my mother probably made them this morning. Blueberry, my favorite. Lily walks in moments later, taking a seat on the bar stool next to mine. She yawns, stretching to grab a muffin.

"Morning," I muse at her grogginess.

"Morning," she responds. "How can you adjust to mornings so quickly. I don't wake up good until second or third hour."

I shrug. "I like mornings. It's beautiful outside at this time."

"I guess," she mumbles, nibbling on the blueberry muffin.

The digital clock on our stove claims that it is two minutes 'till six-thirty. I finish my food, then make my way back to my room. I grab my flats from my closet and slip my feet into them. I peer over at Justin, who has made himself at home in my bed. Every limb attached to his body is splayed out across my bed. He is out like a light.

"Justin," I call, getting closer to the bed. "It's six-thirty."

He stretches, groaning in irritation, but then he sits up. He throws the blanket off, revealing his plaid pyjama pants and black t-shirt. Wait a minute, I think. He was dressed and ready to go to his friend's house last night. If he had fallen asleep in here by accident, he shouldn't have changed in the middle of the night.