Jealous

I'm jealous of the rain that falls upon your skin

She stood out in the pouring rain, her eyes closed as she let the water soak her completely. It masked the tears that streamed down her face as she grieved the loss of him. And all he could do was stand there and stare at her, not being able to hug and comfort her like he always did. Because she was grieving him, and he couldn't touch her, because he was gone. So he stood there, watching as the rain soaked into her clothes. It made her look beautiful, but he hated it. She was sad, and he couldn't help. It hurt him so much.

It's closer than my hands have been

He watched on as she sniffled and sobbed, falling to her knees and burying her face in her hands. He watched as the love of his life fell apart. And he couldn't do anything. The rain could touch her skin, comfort her as she cried, and he couldn't.

I'm jealous of the rain
I'm jealous of the wind that ripples through your clothes

She sat in the grass, running her hands through it as she smiled. The boy sat next to her laughed loudly and fell back onto the grass. He watched on as she closed her eyes when a strong wind blew through the yard, blowing her hair into her face making her chuckle. The boy smiled and stood up, taking her hand and pulling her up with him. They smiled at each other and said their goodbyes before she left. Her skirt danced at her knees as the wind blew, and her smile faded slightly, but never left her pink lips. He watched as she walked to her house, watched as she smiled to herself and put her hair behind her ear, something he always found adorable.

It's closer than your shadow

She sighed as she stopped walking and spread out her arms, closing her eyes and letting the wind envelope her. He watched as his love smiled, the happiest she had been since he left.

Oh I'm jealous of the wind
Cause I wished you the best of all this world could give
And I told you when you left me, there's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back tell me all you found was heartbreak and misery
It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way you're happy without me

I'm jealous of the nights that I don't spend with you

He stood on the balcony, looking out at the sky. He didn't want to go in and watch her sleep, because she wasn't alone. It hurt him so bad to see when she returned to her room with him behind her, smiling and giggling like idiots. He didn't see who it was behind her, he left before he could.

I'm wondering who you lay next to

He closed his eyes and leaned back, letting a tear slip down his cheek.

Oh I'm jealous of the nights

I'm jealous of the love

She smiled brightly as he walked through the door, their little daughter clinging to him with a grin. They hugged and she picked up her little girl, kissing her cheek lovingly and kissing her husband with a smile.

Love that was in here

The little girl ran off into her room and the couple smiled at each other, their eyes full of love and adoration. It still hurt him to see her happy without him, it did every time he saw them.

Gone for someone else to share

But he still loved her. He always would.

Oh I'm jealous of the love
Cause I wished you the best of all this world could give
And I told you when you left me, there's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back, tell me all you found was, heartbreak and misery
It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way, you're happy without me

As I sink in the sand
Watch you slip through my hands

They all sat on the large blanket, the couple holding hands as they watched their daughter run around with a large smile, laughing loudly and he watched, finally realizing that she was happy. Even though she missed him sometimes, she was happy. He smiled as he watched them, as he watched her face light up in joy, but a tear slipped down his cheek. Because no matter what, he still loved her.

Oh as I die here another day, cause all I do is cry behind this smile

I wished you the best of all this world could give
And I told you when you left me, there's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back, tell me all you found was heartbreak and misery

As he watched her all he could think was, what would've happened if she had never been kissed by that jerk at school. What if she had never felt so guilty that she broke up with him. Would he be the one she was smiling at? He would never know, and he couldn't change anything, but he still loved her, and he couldn't let go.

It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way you're happy without me