The sun and the moon. Juuxou x reader

I was the sun,

Juuzou was a killer. He had always been a killer. In a world like his he had to be. Everyone blamed it on the fact that he had been raised by ghouls and had been physically and psychologically tortured by them, but he always knew, deep down somewhere, that no matter what he would have ended up a killer.

She was the moon.

(Y/N) was a ghoul, but she wasn't a killer. She had to eat, but she never killed for food, instead she worked at a morgue with a few other ghouls where she could get food. It was gross, but it was better than killing. She had been raised like this, raised to be kind and merciful.

I was war,

Juuzou sliced through ghoul after ghoul without a second to breathe, the sharp blade of his scythe slicing through the bodies like warm butter. It was easy for him, to fight and kill without so much as a flinch, he was used to it. He even found it fun. The other investigators thought he was a psychopath, and Juuzou was pretty sure they were right. No one was supposed to enjoy killing that much, but he did. He liked being in situations where he was forced to fight, that was when he was really in his element. He was like a super soldier, always ready to kill on command, or even just because he wanted to.

She was peace.

(Y/N) shouldn't have been out so late. Her sister had wanted her home hours before, but she had stayed late at Anteiku to help clean up. It had become dark when she finally left. She said goodbye to the other employees and started her walk back to her shared apartment with her sister. She was almost there when she heard a scream from far away. She could smell fresh meat coming from the same direction, making her stomach twist with hunger. She shook it off and started running in the direction of the smell, throwing on her mask as she ran. The scream had come from an alley a few blocks away. A ghoul was attacking a man in his mid thirties with a little boy by his side. (Y/N) didn't fight anyone, no matter what, but she took a specially made knife from her pocket and stabbed it into the ghoul's back. They were weak and scared, she could tell, so when her bright kagune burst out the ghoul ran. She kept her mask on and helped the man up before calling for help and leaving.

I was disaster,

Everything around Juuzou fell apart. Lives, relationships, everything, it didn't matter what. And yet he was lucky enough to have the best girlfriend ever. She was kind and patient and gentle, everything he wasn't. He destroyed everything in his path, and it was just a matter of time until he destroyed her as well. He was a walking disaster, a mess, but she loved him anyway.

She was beauty.

(Y/N) loved creating beautiful things. She painted bright green fields and took pictures of starry skies. Her eyes were always so bright and she was always there for anyone who needed her to be. She loved a lot of things and she was loved by many, but she was especially loved by Juuzou. He was rough around the edges, damaged and strange, but she loved him with all she hadn't given to others.

I was sorrow,

Juuzou didn't really cry much. Not unless he lost something dear to him, but that hadn't happened very often. He didn't really understand his feelings that well, but he knew that he made people sad. Everyone whose life he had destroyed became full of sorrow. That's what he brought to people's lives, pain and sorrow. He even brought it into her life, no matter how hard he tried not to. She became sad when he killed someone, when he did something wrong. She wouldn't say anything usually, but he could see the sorrow in her usually bright eyes, and that made him feel what he made everyone else feel.

She was happiness.

(Y/N) smiled a lot. She had a collection of all kinds of smiles saved for all kinds of moments. The one she saved for very special occasions was her stupid, toothy grin that brought tears to her bright eyes. Only a few people ever got to see it, but when they did they usually mimicked her smile. Her joy was contagious like the plague, anyone who saw her smiles would smile right back. She was the embodiment of joy and happiness, and being able to make others happy made her even happier. She even managed to make Juuzou happy. She managed to bring a smile to his face, and that made her smile even more.

I was death,

Juuzou had killed a lot of people. There were so many he had stopped counting. He had seen so much death it had started to bring him joy. Seeing the life drain from someone's eyes, feel them stop breathing, feel the blood on his hands, it was a feeling that was hard to beat. It brought him a joy few other things could, and it felt amazing. (Y/N) had asked him to stop when they had first met, but his answer had been one he had heard in a fable;

"It's in my nature."

She was life.

(Y/N) was a killer by nature. She was a bloodthirsty predator who should have killed for enjoyment, but she had never killed anyone. At first what kept her from killing were her parents. They had never killed anyone in their lives and they were happy and healthy, and they never wanted their daughters to kill anyone. But later on in life something else happened that made her not kill; she saved someone's life. She hadn't known him, it was just some h-guy. A ghoul was attacking him and she drove it away. His heart had stopped but she tried to revive him using every method she knew, and in the end he was okay. That's what kept her going, that's what kept her from giving in to her nature. If only Juuzou had been as strong.

She was my salvation,

Juuzou had never been truly happy. He had been close to death more than once, and more than once he had been the one pulling death towards him. He had wanted to die more than once in his life. He had come so close, but there had always been someone who had gotten him back to life. He never lived though. He went to work, he killed, he survived, but he didn't live, and every time someone saved his life he cursed them for it. All but (Y/N). She was the one to save his life, to truly save his life. She made him happy, she made him live.

I was her destruction.

He always knew it would happen. He didn't want to believe it, but he knew it would happen. He had always known he would destroy her. He had hoped and prayed that he was wrong, that they would be together forever, but he was right. It happened unexpectedly. He hadn't even been with her when it happened, but it was his fault. He was the one who had lost her knife. He was the one who had made her late for work, he was the one who had killed that ghoul's wife. The ghoul had wanted to get revenge on him, to take something from him that was as important to him as the ghoul's wife had been to them. The ghoul succeeded. (Y/N) died in pain. She couldn't feel anything but pain. She tried to fight back, but she was weak from never eating fresh meat. She was a strong person but a weak fighter. The ghoul had ripped her to shreds. Juuzou heard someone say that she had been skinned alive, but that wasn't the cause of death. Her organs had been ripped out, one by one, the useless ones first, the vitals last. They said the ghoul showed her her heart before she died. She had a big heart, she didn't deserve to have to watch it being ripped out of her. It was Juuzou's fault. He was her destruction.