Untitled Part 45

Love. What is it exactly? I've never been sure. Some people say it's being willing to die for someone. Some would say it's living for someone. But there's one saying, the one I think is most accurate. Love is giving someone the power to destroy you, and trusting them not to. I was in love once. Still am, just with a different person. You see, the thing most people don't believe is that you fall in love more than once. But it's true. I've been head-over-heals in love twice now. Of course I'm madly in love with my wife, but I was in love before I met her. Her name was (Y/N). She was my college sweetheart, the one my heart beat for. And you need to remember two things before I tell you this story. You need to remember my favourite definition of love, and you need to remember that my heart beat for her. It's important, trust me. Oh, and the author wants me to tell you that she didn't give this part a title on purpose, so don't freak out, she didn't accidentally publish something again. But anyway, are you ready to hear my story? Or more accurately, our story. I'm Juuzou, by the way. Just so you don't get confused.

******

It was winter when we met. Not a romantic, cute winter though, more like hardcore, freezing my tits off winter. The streets were covered in thick layers of ice so walking to class was more like sliding to class. I of course don't have any balance, so my walking to class was more like falling down, giving up and sliding on my ass to class. My dad, the nice teacher everyone loved, didn't even ask if I wanted a ride, instead just leaving and turning his phone off. Even when I asked he said no, saying that people seeing us together on campus would be awkward and that I lived in the dorms so it wasn't too far anyway. Of course because of this family night was cancelled until spring. But one day, January 4th, I actually managed to stay on my feet the whole way to school, luckily. I would've been so mad if I had met her with my but soaked with cold water. I made it to class on time too, which was also a very rare thing. I sat in the exact middle of the classroom as usual, plopped my bag down next to me and leaned forward, already wanting to go back to my dorm. The classroom filled with cold, shivering students and then the teacher, and then she came in. She didn't have an extraordinary walk or impeccable beauty, I barely even glanced her way when she walked in. The room didn't fill with light, her presence didn't make all my worries melt away, because it wasn't love at first sight. It wasn't like something you see in typical shows for teens about some brooding hottie falling for the nerd or where love is extremely exaggerated. It was just a normal, cold day. A day where I didn't slide on my ass to school and wasn't late to class. She sat down next to me though, that was different. That seat had been empty ever since my first class there so having someone sit in it was pretty weird. And then she just sat there. She didn't say anything, she didn't even get out the necessary books. Instead she got out a notebook and started writing something down. It was a pretty cool notebook though, a galaxy printed one with the names Dan and Phil on the cover, but I had no idea who the hell they were. Her pencil was the same, galaxy print with those names on the tip. I didn't really think much of it though, writing her off as a lazy kid who didn't want to be in university and spent her time doing something even less important. I didn't give her a second glance the rest of the class, and when it ended I left the room before her and expected not to see her again till my next class in that classroom. But I was wrong. In every single class that day, she was there, writing in her galaxy notebook with her galaxy pencil. It was starting to frustrate me. I didn't have any other class with anyone from any of my classes, except her. She was always there, never far away from me. She even went to my favourite cafe during lunch and sat two tables away from me, a cup of hot chocolate and a croissant next to her and writing in her notebook. And finally when I thought I had escaped, settling into my room and lounging on the sofa, there was a crash in the hallway outside my room. Naturally I wanted to see what it had been, and there she was, entering the room across the hall from mine, a broken lamp on the floor next to her feet. I huffed and leaned against the door, contemplating whether I should actually do this or not. I decided I didn't want to, but it was the nice thing to do.