Chapter 3 Another Surprise

I stop dead on my tracks when I entered our house, I saw Rebecca sitting with Billy and Rachel watching the television. It has been years since they last saw her, and the three of them are acting like she was never away for a long time. The door closed with a snap that made the three look his way, Rebecca stood up immediately.

"Hey there Jake!" She exclaimed, pulling him into a hug. "Look how much you've grown. The last time I saw you, you're just a scrawny teenage boy. Now you're a man already."

I returned her embrace but kept it short. "Um, what brought you here Becca?"

"Missed you too big guy." She said teasingly and despite himself he grinned at her which made her laugh. "Still the same huh?"

"Well yeah, you haven't changed either."

Out of the corner of his peripheral vision he saw Billy trying to suppress his own smile. Guess he was nervous as he still thought that I'm made with Rebecca for leaving us.

"It just hit me to visit a few weeks ago, and when I was still deliberating whether to come or not Rachel gave me a call."

I looked at where Rachel was sitting and just noticed a simple diamond ring on her finger, he looked at her curiously. Rachel was trying hard to ignore me but from the scrutiny of my gaze, when I won't back down and as I'm still standing at the door even though Rebecca tried to move me towards the sofa Rachel sighed in defeat.

"Okay fine!" She raised her hands in surrender. "Paul proposed and I accepted, but it's not like we are getting married this year." That's when I went to my room to get a change of clothes.

"Well you can take my room Becca."

"What about you."

"I'll camp out, most of the times the guys and I goes out so I won't be home more often." Rebecca doesn't have any idea about vampires and me turning to a huge wolf, and it's much safer for her.

"It's okay Jake." Rachel interjected. "I'll be staying with Paul and his family for a few weeks. Dad already gave his permission." She added before I can say more.

I just nodded at her, and then turned to leave.

"Leaving again Jake?" Becca asked.

"Going to Sam?" Billy asked knowingly.

"Paul said that you can wait for him at Emily's place." Rachel added.

"Kay."

I have to discuss with Sam strategies that he have to take if there will be conflict. I went to the garage and rode my motor straight to Emily's.

φφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφ

Sorry to keep it short guys, so sleepy I can't think properly. Be updating ASAP. ^_^

φφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφ

�������@��"