Chapter 2

Naruto rushed out of the hospital and her jaw dropped at the scene in front of her. The streets and places in front of her are completely different. She looked around frantically.

Naruto blinked in the confusion.

'Kurama' she called out  worriedly, and she relaxed a little upon hearing a groan in her head

'Naruto..' the fox grunted in pain. 'What… what the hell's going on?'

'I was about to ask you the same thing!' the girl panicked.

Kurama let out a rather pained groan as he attempted to remember.

'Kurama? KURAMA! What the HELL is going on?!' she screamed in her head.

'Not so loud, Brat!,' Kurama hissed, face cringing in different directions. 'I don't know what's happening, but my chakra system's… all out of… wack…'

He struggled to spit out the last few words, and began to clutch at his stomach as he did so. 'Yeah… definitely… not good…'

Naruto gulped and looked at the Hokage mountain. She reeled in shock at what she saw.

"What..the hell!?" Her eyes were glued at the unknown face at the place her father's. Her eyes popped at the next faces or lack of faces.

There was Hashirama's, then Tobirama's, Then Sarutobi-jiji's, next was the unknown one and the last one was her father's.

'Where is baa-chan and Kaka-sensei faces?!' She internally freaked out. She did the first thing came to her mind. Run.

She finally came across the familiar place. Her clothes were all wrinkled and askew across her small frame, and flickered now and then in the wind currents that rushed through the valley below and up and over the two stone figures.

Then, Naruto noticed something. "Wait… what…?" she gaped, realizing where they were standing.

"Wasn't this place destroyed?" Naruto asked with a frown on her face.

"Why… why isn't it destroyed?" Naruto stammered, shaking her head in confusion. "What the hell is going on here? First the whole village is different, then the Hokage mountain, and now-"

'Something happened, brat. I could sense the chakra presence of the people that shouldn't be Alive.' Kurama warned.

She was locked in a fierce internal struggle in her mind, as varying thoughts and feelings battled for supremacy within her. Yet, she couldn't for the life of her figure out what it was she was fretting so much over.

Then, her eyes widened considerably, pupils shrinking to the size of dust.

As if a flip was switched, it finally dawned on het. And instead of soothing her aching heart, it only tore it up more.

She was confused, she was sad, she was angry – she was effectively lost in her way at the moment.

There was only one person that she could talk to right now – one person that she needed to talk to.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

There wasn't much that set an entire ninja village on high alert, all at once.

The Village Hidden in the Leaves existed in a sort of peaceful indifference to the goings-on of the faraway world – and it liked to keep things that way.

Atop the Jounin Headquarters, several shinobi began to amass in blurs of speed and wind and leaves. First to arrive was the ANBU, then the special jounin.

The village's forces let out a collective sigh of relief when they recognized the long, flowing white hair of the legendary toad Sannin, as he materialized in a whisper of the wind.

Dan just gave a small smile, shifting his gaze to his Friend with a slow blink of his eyes. "Jiraiya. I take it Minato is with you, then?"

"I'm right here."

A vibrant golden flash of light danced across the surface of the Jounin Headquarters, revealing the white-cloaked form of the Fifth Hokage, crouched low on the rooftop - two special kunai in hand, his clothes dancing in an unseen wind.

Jiraiya crossed his arms with a frown, and turned to look at his pupil with a glimmer of worry behind his eyes.