Chapter 8

The screen shown the sleepy naruto, who was stretching on her bed. Her gaze settled on the calendar, on the red-circled date particularly.

She grinned as she jumped off her bed and took off her seal, sleeping cap. She sat on in her dining room.

"Aww... You look so cute, Naru-chan!" Cooed Kushina

Naruto smiled and blushed.

"Today is the day. So, let's chow down! 'ttabayo!" She peeled off the instant Ramen cup and kept eating. She grabbed the carton of milk, sipping it.

"Ramen as a breakfast? That's not healthy." Tsunade frowned and Sakura nodded in agreement.

Naruto pouted, "But I like Ramen."

"I like it too but it's not healthy to eat it in the morning." Kushina said in a motherly tone.

Next scene showed Naruto already dressed in her signature jumpsuit, putting on her goggles. Her eyes look down at her headband, she hit her forehead lightly, giggling. Then grabbed her headband and tying it at the place where her goggles usually were.

"Let me guess, you forgot your headband? " Obito asked with knowing grin.

Naruto shrugged giving a cheeky grin of her own, "It's my everyday routine."

She left her home walking down the streets, when obviously disguised, Konohamaru jumped before her.

"Alright, Naruto!" Before tripping and falling.

Naruto blinked at him, "Um..just what do you think you're doing, Konohamaru?"

"That was a sleek move. That's why I respect you as a rival." He said, getting up and dusting his clothes.

"But she didn't do anything." Blinked Kakashi.

Naruto deadpanned, "But I didn't do anything."

"Exactly." Nodded Kakashi.

"Okay! Fight me. Fair and square!" Konohamaru got into a fighting pose.

Naruto rubbed the back of her, sheepishly, "Sorry, I got an orientation."

"Your squad would be selected today?" Minato asked.

Naruto smiled, "Yeah."

He looked at her surprised, "Orientation?"

Naruto grinned, "That's right, Starting today, I'm starting my advanced ninja studies. 'ttabayo!" She bragged, pointing at her forehead protector. Konohamaru 'ah-ed'.

"You're such a kid!" Laughed Rin.

Naruto entered her classroom and sat down on her seat. Waiting excitedly for the class to start.

"The class is not for dropouts. What are you doing here?" She turned and saw Shikamaru standing there.

Shikamaru straightened up and looked at his alternate self.

She pointed her thumb at her headband, "Oh yeah? You see this..? You see this? Open your eyes, Shikamaru. It's regulation headband." She grinned, "we'll be training together! How do like that?" She kept babbling, "Let me put it in this way, I look great in this headband like it was made for me, 'ttabayo!"

"You look like you're quite close." Observed Shikaku.

Naruto smiled fondly, "Yeah. Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba and I were best friends. We always skip classes together." She turned to Shikamaru, "Shikamaru and I used to complete about who could be a deadlast."