Chapter 9

"Huh?"Naruto tilted her head, "We already passed the test to become a Genin. I thought we are suppose to  have a mission! What do you mean?!"

Kakashi chuckled darkly and his chuckles turned into a creepy laugh.

"Okay, that's very creepy, kakashi." Chuckled Obito. Kakashi just gave him a flat look.

"Hey! Why are you laughing that is simple question!" Sakura couldn't help but ask.

"Because he want to scare you." Sakura rolled her eyes.

Shizune smiled at her kohai.

Kakashi stopped laughing, "I'll tell you but you might not like the answer."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. And Sakura gave him a interested look.

"Out of 27 teams only 9 are passed and the remaining team have to go back to the academy. In other words this is an make it or break it, pass or fail test." He continues, Enjoying the horror fill expressions on two of his Genin.

"Hahaha, look at their faces!" Jiraiya laughed unaware of two glares directed towards him.

"And..." He paused for the dramatic effect, " The chance that you fail is at least 60%....See? Didn't I tell you that you wouldn't like it." He said in a cheery tone.

" way to broke their hopes, Kakashi..." mumbled Kurenai.

"That's very unyouthfull of yourself,  my youthful rival."

"It's a truth though..." Asuka said thoughtfully, Shikaku, Minato, Dan and Hiruzen agreed.

"That's crazy! We got passed the test. What was the graduation test was anyway!?" Shouted Naruto with a huff.

Kakashi blinked, "Oh that? That was just for selecting candidates who might become genin...or maybe not."

"What?!"

"That's right. I decide whether you pass or fail to meet me at the designated spot at five a.m. and bring your ninja gear."

'I can't fail! Someday people will look up to me..I have to pass the test, 'attabayo!' Naruto gave a determined look.

"That's it. You're dismissed." He waved his hand carelessly,  "Oh! And you might want to skip out on breakfast or you'll puke." With that he disappeared with a 'poof'.

"What's with that? That wasn't the part of the bell test." Minato frowned.

Tsunade, Jiraiya, Obito and Rin nodded. Hiruzen looked at Naruto for explanation.

The blonde shrugged, " Sensei's the real sadist."

Kakashi stared at Naruto with and eyebrow raised.

The scene changed to the early Morning, dark sky. The three kids were walking and stopped in front of each other.

Sakura and Naruto were yawning as Sasuke looked perfectly awake. Without a word Naruto propped down and closed her eyes. Fifteen minutes later Sakura followed and after an hour later Sasuke too sat down.

"Seriously, what's with the habit of tardiness. An elite jounin shall always be punctual." Kakashi grumbled, "and what's with the hatae-ate. Why my eye is covered, Am I half blind?!"

Naruto gave him a quick sad smile.

The sky was bright now and there was still no sign of the silver haired jonin.

"Good morning, everyone. How was your day." Kakashi arrived giving a crinkled smile.

"You're late!" Sakura and Naruto snarled, giving deathly glare.