Chapter 17

'This is a jounin...a real ninja.... At this rate, I'm really! Really! Going to die!!' Naruto panicked, 'Ow!' Her bandaged hand rubbed roughly at the rocky ground. Her panic was stop as her words flashed in front of her eyes,

She screamed mentally, as the kunai was lodged in her hand, 'I'm not going to be saved ever again! I'm not going to be afraid and try to run! I won't loose to Sasuke! I swear it on this pain in my hand!'

Sasuke's face flashed as he taunted, "you alright, scaredy cat?"

Her azure eyes watched as Zabuza stomped on her leaf headband.

"sensei, I have a favour to ask... "

"What, you want seconds?"

"No... Can I borrow you leaf head protector?" Naruto begged.

"Oh, this?" pointed Iruka. "No, no, this is for after you graduate. This is a symbol that you've come of age. Maybe you'll get one tomorrow."
.
.
.
"Congratulations on graduating! Let's celebrate; I'll buy you a bowl of ramen." Iruka was smiling proudly.
.
.
.
"You guys are brats, who don't deserve to be ninjas!" Kakashi stated, "you'll be risking your lives on missions..."
.
.
.
"You pass!"
.
.
.
"I'm not that troublemaking kid anymore!"
.
.
.
"I'm going to be a Hokage and make everybody acknowledge my existence, 'ttebayo!!"

Her eyes flashed opened. She slowly stood up, 'That's right....I became ninja and decided that I won't run anymore...'

"Uwaaah!" With a cry, she charged at Zabuza.

"So rash.." Mumbled Sasori.

Kakashi shouted in alarm, "No! Don't!!"

"Naruto, what are you thinking?!" Screamed Sakura, nearly ripping her hair in frustration as Sasuke gapped.