Meet Destiny

Aleka crossed her legs in the car as it bumped down along the dirt roads of a town that seemed even smaller and more countryside than the one she had grown up in. Ever since she happened to be discovered by an agent on her families trip to Disneyland things hadn't revolved much around her small town in Utah, instead it was centered on the large city of Los Angeles. The city was big enough to swallow anyone whole, let alone a young girl who had grown up most of her life with a mother who worked three jobs and a father who was a school janitor and part-time musician.

Her parents had been divorced ever since she was six and she lived primarily with her mother and for a good while her sister who was ten years older than her from her mother's previous marriage. She wasn't the best of influences and in fact she hadn't seen her since she ran away when she was seventeen leaving her two month old son behind. For some time she had been responsible for him, considering her mother worked. However soon enough they found him a more proper family and she was back to feeling much like an only child.

Aleka looked up from her magazine and past her best friend Wil to see the roads. They were here because Wil was filming the new movie he'd been cast in out here.

"What exactly is this movie about?" She asked her magazine still half open on her lap.

Wil straightened his baseball cap and said, "Guess it's about four friends who go looking for some kid's dead body and such. Sound cool huh? I'm the lead you know?" He asks.

"Yeah? What dumbass decided that?" Aleka teased.

"Rob Reiner," Wil asserted.

Rob was a highly respected director so she shut her mouth for a moment and looked back down at her magazine before peeking up over at Wil, "So what was he smoking?" She asked grinning.

Wil shoved her arm a bit and said, "Should have just made you stay in Los Angeles with your mother, you're lucky I convinced our parents that being on the set of this movie and meeting these people would be a good step for your career."

"Yeah, sorry, thanks again," Aleka responded.

"Thanks again? You didn't tell me thanks beforehand!" Wil claimed.

"Alright fine then, just thanks," Aleka said rolling her eyes, before sighing, "So have you met the other three boys you're starring with?"

"Yeah, I screen tested with them, just sort of know their names and faces, didn't spend much time getting to know each other or anything," Wil shrugged.

"Who is it?" Aleka asked.

"Well ones not know I mean it's his first movie, told me that about ten times, his names Jerry though. Then there's Corey Feldman, you know from the Goonies and Gremlins?" He asked.

"Ah yeah, that's cool," Aleka nodded before asking, "And the last one?"

"Oh yeah, he's pretty cool, he's been in a few things I think and I mean he's got a weird name. You ever heard of River Phoenix?" He asked.

"Don't think so," she stated, "it's a cool name though," she replied.

"Yeah well he's pretty nice, he's two years older than us, though the oldest of the boys, Jerry's two years younger than us, so he's the youngest. He's only ten, Corey's thirteen, and River's fourteen, should be interesting enough," Wil nodded.