Inevitable

Aleka spent the next couple days thinking over the kiss, as they left the town to film the train scenes she felt awkward sat between River and Wil in the back of the truck. Beside River was Corey who seemed to be wearing a sort of cocky grin.

The truck bounced along the dirt roads, causing Aleka and River's knees to bump against each other, each bump forcing them to make eye contact, no matter how much they avoided it.

"Why so quiet Aleka?" Corey asked.

Aleka ignored him slightly before saying, "Was about to ask you the same question Cor, if it's odd for anyone to be silent it's you."

"I'm just enjoying the show," Corey grinned.

Aleka glared at him and Wil looked over at Corey and said, "What show?"

Corey opened his mouth only for River to kick Corey in the shin out of sight of Wil.

"Fuck," Corey cursed.

Aleka snorted and Corey glared and said, "Think that's funny do yah?"

"What the hell is up with you three?" Wil asks.

"It's a problem child thing, you wouldn't understand," Corey says.

"Aleka's not a problem child Corey, she's not apart of your club," Wil says.

Corey peeked over at Aleka and said, "That true, you not apart of the club?"

Aleka shrugged remaining impartial, and River happened to pipe up, "Who says I'm apart of this club?"

"River don't joke," Corey said before River rolled his eyes and sat back crossing his arms.

Wil peeked over at Aleka who kept staring forward. She thought it best to fall asleep during the car ride, so she could avoid having to deal with anymore of Corey's goading.

That didn't last considering what she woke up to.

"Even in her sleep she's chosen River," Corey laughed.

"Shut up Corey," she heard River say in a hushed voice.

Aleka stirred slightly and realized there was a shoulder beneath her head. She let her eyes barely crack open and realized it was River's shoulder she was asleep on.

"What do you mean even in her sleep? She hasn't chosen him anywhere else," Wil asserted.

"That true River," Corey asked.

"It's true," River said.

"Really? Corey asked raising his brows at River.

"Really!" River said.

"Cause I swore I saw...," Corey began only for River to elbow him in the ribs.

"Saw what?" Wil asked his tone getting grittier.

"Just River and Aleka," Corey began again only for River to pipe up, "I kissed her, and she promptly punched me and told me where to shove it," River lied.

Aleka was surprised how he had fallen on his sword for her, saying it had been him. That was enough to bring Wil's wrath down on him. But River had done so to keep Wil from getting mad at her.

"What the hell River? I told you I called her," Wil said.

Aleka wrinkled her nose and River piped up, "You don't own her man."

"And you do?" Wil asked.

"No, as I said she told me to shove it, and she can't be owned. She doesn't belong to anyone but herself. It was wrong of me to even kiss her without asking, but I apologized and we're good. Just friends," River said.