We're All Friends Here

Authors Note: A little shorter than usual but I just felt like this chapter should end there.

            That night they all slept in their separate rooms mostly because everyone felt awkward about the movie they had just witnessed and were having much difficulty even looking at one another.

Aleka didn't have a problem with sex, she didn't think too much on it but she didn't mind it. But seeing it depicted in film, made it seem vulgar, perhaps it was because she didn't buy it or the fact that its sole purpose was to simply to turn you on.

She knew all sex didn't have to be out of love but what she saw on film seemed to be the opposite of what would turn her on.

It was hard to fall asleep with that running through her head most of the night, she thought about sneaking into River's room just to steal the Karate Kid video so she would be distracted from the other images racing through her head.

After a few more minutes of sitting there, she got up and snuck out the door of the hotel room and into the hallway.

It was dark and the drabness of the hotel made it a bit scary and she was reminded of Stephen Kings other book made into a film, The Shining.

Quickly she moved towards River's door and turned the knob happy that it was unlocked.

When she opened the door, she noticed light was beaming from the TV and looked around and saw the Karate Kid on the TV.

She huffed a bit, seeing that River was already watching it, possibly to drown out the same images she was.

She knocked lightly on the wall, and she saw River jump a bit in the bed.

"Jesus Christ," he said before looking full on at her, "you scared the living shit out of me."

She smiled just a little and walked deeper into his room and dropped onto the bed beside him.

"What're you doing?" He asked looking over at her.

"I came in here to steal the Karate Kid but it seems you're already watching it. Having trouble sleeping?" Aleka asked.

"I just...can't get that God awful movie out of my head," River laughed a bit, "You?"

"Same, I hate Corey so very much right now," Aleka laughed.

"And you don't regularly?" River asked with a grin.

"Definitely not as much as I do right now," Aleka replied.

River smiled and said, "Well you can sit in here and watch until the images of Ralph Macchio fill your head instead of Corey's disgusting ones," River mused.

"Thanks," she said, "I can say I was a lot more turned on by the first movie than the second, the second just disgusted me," Aleka chuckled.

"Ah right, your thing for Ralph Macchio," River teased.

"Don't tease, he's a stud," she joked.

"Alright, alright very well," River nodded laying back a little his eyes turning back to the screen.

Aleka could have reasonably laid on the opposite side of the large bed but for some reason, instead she was laying near River sharing the same pillow.

She watched the more relaxing images produced by the Karate Kid, getting absorbed in the movie she'd seen many times before yet again before she began dozing off in front of it.