Count on Me

Aleka and the other boys sat on the bed, the boys glancing around at each other and occasionally Aleka.

"So what exactly is it that we're doing?" Corey asked.

"I couldn't care less what we do. So I pass the decision making off to River or Jerry," Aleka said.

River looked up and said, "I'd rather stay out of making decisions, after all if Wil does end up coming in, he'll find some reason to be pissed since I made the decision."

Aleka sighed and said, "I don't know what's up with him," she shrugged.

River shrugged and said, "Guys can get a bit bitchy too sometimes I suppose."

"Your gender is probably pretty upset and you for admitting such things," Aleka replied.

"I couldn't give two craps about what my gender thinks of me," River commented.

"Yeah?" Aleka asked.

"Yeah," River nodded a bit.

Aleka elbowed River gently and then looked at Jerry and said, "So that leaves you Jerry, what do you want to do?"

Jerry thought about it and said, "I don't know I saw a River near the hill that we did the tree house shooting, maybe we could go there?" He muttered.

"That's not that bad of an idea Jerry," Corey commented.

"Yeah? Thanks, you see I have some good ideas," Jerry stated.

"Don't push it Jerry," Corey replied, "What do you two think?" Corey asked River and Aleka.

Aleka glanced at River who seemed unsure, so Aleka made the final decision, "Yeah lets go, it'd be a good little get away, and the sun is still out a bit, let's go," Aleka smiled.

"Yes!" Corey said hopping up.

"Yeah, let's go," River finally spoke up.

They quickly all got up, the boys changing out of their set clothes and into shorts and a tee shirt.

The four of them all quickly marched out of the hotel and down to the river, surprised that Jerry actually remembered where it was.

They all sat on the grass beside it, and Aleka began eyeing a rope hanging from one of the branches over the lake.

She glanced over at the boys who were staring out straight or pulling fistfuls of grass up with their hands in Corey's case.

Aleka looked back out and got up and grabbed the rope with her hands pulling it back towards the river bank.

"What're you doing?" Jerry asked.

"Just this," Aleka said hopping off the edge of the bank.

The rope swung her over the river before she dropped into the semi deep waters. She moved up to the surface and kept swimming so that a current wouldn't simply sweep her away.

When she came up she saw all the boys standing on the edge looking down at her.

She swept back her wet back hair and smiled up at them and shook her head a bit.

"Come on in boys, the waters fine!" She laughed.

Corey looked around and said, "Well you know I don't need any encouragement."