Absence Makes the Heart Make Up Its Mind

River was gone before everyone else, and he left without a goodbye. Aleka didn't know what to think of it. She didn't know how she felt about it either. Whether it saddened her or made her mad. She knew she'd have to figure it out during this time apart.

She waited outside on a bench with Wil and Corey, waiting for Wil's parents to come get them, just as Corey was waiting for his parents.

"So he just left?" Wil asked.

"Yep," Aleka said.

"Why?" Corey asked.

"That's what he decided to do, I guess," Aleka replied.

"What was your fight about?" Wil asked.

"Who said we had a fight?" Aleka said.

"He wouldn't just go," Wil inserted.

"Well he did, maybe that's just the kind of person he is," Aleka huffed.

"Come on Aleka," Corey said, "you don't think that."

"That's part of the problem Corey, I don't know what I think of him. He's upset about that, and the opinion I've apparently formed about other people. Which I guess makes sense, I should know how I feel about him, I shouldn't have an opinion on people I've never met. So I'm going to go take this break, get this audition out of the way and think about it all without you two weighing in or having him around."

Corey and Wil both sighed and let it be.

Wil's parents came first and Wil walked to the car and as Aleka began to walk she stopped and turned and went back and hugged Corey tightly and said, "Don't hesitate to call if you need to Corey, if anything happens."

"It's only a week, I'll be fine," Corey said.

"Well if you need anything or just want to talk, here's my moms number, trust me, she'll put you through," Aleka said.

Corey smiled and hugged her tightly and said, "And here's my number, if my parents don't put you through, just keep calling and calling and pestering them, I'm sure that'll be easy for you."

Aleka grinned and said, "I'll bug them until I get ahold of you for sure."

"I know," Corey said with a nod.

Aleka nodded and walked to the car climbing in the back seat with Wil.

When she got to the place that her mother had bought as their headquarters since they had apparently moved to Hollywood, Aleka was given a short greeting before her mother quizzed her on whether or not she'd been practicing, if she had gotten close to Corey, and if she had spoken to Rob.

To which she answered, "Yes, very, and he's an adult, I'm a child not sure anyone of the kids is close with him."

Aleka barely got any sleep before her mother was carting her off to the audition in some studio among plenty of other girls who looked similar, some around her age, some older. A lot were leggy blondes with perfect bodies that made her eyes widen as it seemed as if she shouldn't be here.

She was blonde like them of course, but she wasn't tall, and while she had developed more than most girls her age, she certainly wasn't sure she was that mature.

Though her mother quickly did up her make up and hair to make her seem more so.

Aleka managed to sneak off to the bathroom cringing when she saw the results. Quickly she wiped off the bright red lip stick till it was a subtle pink, and wiped at her cheeks so that it was a natural pink blush that shone through.