For Now

A few days pass and then the boys finally get back to work and everything seemed like it's back in place.

They were more careful of course, avoiding any too dangerous activities. They or rather the boys had decided that River and Aleka were hazards to one another. They made it a point to be in between them to 'prevent' further accidents.

Around the time they were about to finish but shooting in the area she got a call from her mother, who had been unreachable at the time of the accident but suddenly had something to say.

"I've got auditions lined up as soon as you get back, I've sent the scripts up there so you best get practicing. I expect you to get both roles," her mother said right off.

"Missed you too mom," Aleka sighed over the phone crossing her legs on her bed.

"Mmm...how are things going? You're not wasting time are you? You're making connections right? Have you spoken to Rob, acted a bit for him, see what never films he has coming up?" She asked in a flurry of questions.

"I've spoken to him a few times, no one just goes up and starts acting or asking those kind of questions to Rob Reiner though mom," Aleka hummed.

"I suppose you're right, but do find a way to slip it in there maybe," her mother said.

"Mhmm...I got you," Aleka said hoping for the call to end soon.

"What about the boys on the film?" Her mother asked.

"What about them?" Aleka said.

"Have you made connections with them, you need more than just Wil to climb to the top," she said.

Aleka rolled her eyes, everything was about business.

"Yes, I've connected with them. River's really great," she let slip not catching it before it fell from her lips, she hadn't even thought on it.

"River?" Her mother asked.

"River Phoenix, he's an actor, in the film," Aleka said biting her lip.

"Never heard of him. Who you should be focusing on connecting to is Corey Feldman, he's on that film. His career seems like it's only going up," her mother said sternly.

"It doesn't take much to connect to Corey, being of the female gender catches his attention well enough," Aleka laughed.

"Well you'd do well then to keep it. He'd be good to have by your side, attract attention."

Aleka rolled her eyes and said, "I'll keep that in mind. The boys will be done shooting soon, I've got to go."

"Fine, remember you're there to make connections not mess around. And make sure to practice as soon as you get those scripts," her mother imparted upon her.

"I know, gotta go, bye," Aleka said quickly putting the phone down and wrapping her arms over her face and taking a deep breath.

A small knock on the wall made her pull her arms from her face. River was standing in the doorway a sort of half-smile on his face.

"Rough day?" He asks.

"Should be asking you that, you're the one actually working," Aleka said.

"Judging by the placement of the phone and your obvious annoyed/exhausted looking demeanor, I'd say you're working or have been told you're going to be working soon."